Ch. 25: Return of Your Mother

You put both hands over your mouth after Father had just asked you that. You say, "Oh, Ben.~" You smile and you put your hands down. You say, "Yes. Definitely." He smirks and he says, "Happiest day of my life.~" He puts the engagement ring on you and he stands up to face you.

He grabs your hands and he says, "You'll be officially mine as soon as we're married. Oh, I just love you so damn much, (Y/N).~" You cling to him and you say, "I love you too. Father or Benedict. I'm yours to keep.~" He removes his Father form, so now he's Benedict. He says, "I'm the happiest man alive.~"

He pulls you in for a kiss. You kiss him back. It's a deep passionate kiss and you moan into it. He does too. You pull away and you smile and says, "Oh, Ben. I feel like the luckiest damn woman in the world.~"

He says, "Good. Look where you are, now. You're marrying a rich man." You say, "I don't care about the money. You know that. Just you and the kids. You could live in an RV and I'd still love you, Benedict." He strokes your hair and he says, "Still. I've got you to myself. Plus, a kid of our own. I love you.~" You say, "I love you too, Ben.~" He leans in to kiss you and you kiss him back.

*****************************************

The next day, at a bar. There is a middle aged woman. Possibly in her mid forties. She has long black hair, wearing a white Misfits shirt, blue jeans, etc. She's having a drink. Whiskey as it looks to be.

The bartender comes up to her and asks, "Need another drink, miss?" The woman smirks and says, "Maybe just one more, barkeep. I've got other things to do." The bartender says, "Alright. I'll do that, Miss..." She puffs her cigarette and she blows the smoke. She looks at him saying, "Megumi. I'm from... out of town."

The bartender says, "Visiting someone?" She says, "Mhm... a daughter. In her late 20s, possibly. She's got a little one of her own, now. A few adopted kids. As far as I've heard." She puffs her cigarette and she gets another drink. She pays it and she drinks that down.

She says, "Let's just say her life wasn't so grand with me. My younger sister, Genki... She took her from me by the time she was about... ten. Maybe nine. I don't know. It was like twenty years ago. She and her husband Kani had custody of her. At least I admit it." She puffs her cigarette and says, "I was a horrible mother." She blows smoke and causes the guy next to her to cough. She chuckles and says, "I'll drink this and go."

The bartender says, "What exactly did you to do her?" Megumi sighs and says, "I pushed her around. Yelled at her. Locked her in a room, even." The others look at her and the same man says, "Holy shit, lady." Megumi says, "Yeah yeah. I know. I've heard it all, before. I'm a bitch." She drinks her whiskey.

She finishes that and she says, "I'll be out of here, now. I've got other things I gotta do." She leaves a tip and she heads out. The guy that was sitting next to her says, "Whoever she is, I don't trust her for shit." The bartender sighs and says, "I've had people like her in my bar, before. Let's just hope that whoever her daughter is, that woman keeps her kids safe."

************************************

Meanwhile at Genki and Kani's place, it's just them. Kuki and Mushi are at school Mushi's in kindergarten now. Kuki in 5th grade. So it's just Genki and Kani at the moment. Genki says, "Kani. I got a call from (Y/N)." Kani says, "What about?"

She says, "She told me that she and Benedict got engaged." Kani smiles and says, "Oh. Well, congrats to her. It should happen. They've got five of those children and a little one of their own."

Suddenly, Genki's phone rings and she says, "Hold on, dear. I gotta get this." She picks up her phone and she looks to see who it is. She says, "Huh. Unknown number. Oh well. Better get this over with." She answers it and says, "Hello? Who's this I'm speaking to?"