Ch. 11: Father's True Identity

You're driving down the road to the Delightful Mansion now. It's 7:24pm. You're listening to the song Shine by Collective Soul on your radio. You singing to it a bit. You turn it up. You get to the mansion and you park right outside.

You get out, walk to the gate, it opens, you walk through and you go inside the mansion. You're greeted by the Delightful Children and they smile saying, "Hello, (Y/N). Father's got quite a surprise for you. He says he'll reveal himself to you. His true form."

You say, "He told me over text that he would. I'll see you five later. Um... get some good sleep." You walk off and you head upstairs. They smile and they say, "We sure will..." They whisper, "Mother." They walk off.

You get upstairs and you get a text. You look at your phone and it's from Father. This time you switched it from 'Fabio' to 'Bae.' It reads, "In my room." You walk down the hallway on the left and you get to his bedroom doors. You go inside and you shut the doors behind you.

You see Father standing there, facing you. He's not in a robe this time. Just his normal clothes that blend in with him. His yellow eyes staring back at you. You look at him and you say, "Father... You wanted to do a little revealing. Am I right?"

He looks at you and he says, "It's not often I reveal my true form (Y/N). But I love you so much. You know that, right? So goddamn much.~" You smile and you nod. He says, "I won't look the same after this. Are you sure?"

You say, "Father. I'm sure. Just please show me?" He looks at you and he faces the fireplace saying, "Father's not my real name by the way. Once I reveal myself... I'll tell you what my name is. And you're in for surprise once you find out what my last name is."

He sighs. You say, "Father. It's okay. Just do it." He says, "Alright... Here we go." He suddenly starts to lose the shadowy form from himself and he lets it fade into the air. You see what's been underneath all of that and you gasp.

He turns around and he's got black hair, red glasses, a white shirt, red suspenders, black pants, black bow tie, etc. The pipe is still in his mouth. He says, "Well... Here it is." You look at him and you walk over to him.

You say, "So, this is the real you huh, Father? Your real form." He says, "Yeah. I uh... Sorry, I don't look the same. Not as evil looking as..." You say, "What are you sorry for?" He looks at you. You say, "You look fine to me." You grip his suspenders and you smirk. He blushes. You say, "Really fine.~"

He grins and takes the pipe out of his mouth saying, "Happy day.~" He pulls you in for a kiss and you kiss him back. You pull away and you say, "Did you think I'd leave you if you showed your true self?" He says, "Well... yeah. I did." You hug him and you say, "Wrong. Sweetie. You and I have both been through hell. You know with ahem 'loving' parents?"

You pull away and you look at him. He sighs and says, "My dad. He has mistreated me for years. He'd constantly tell me that I was a mistake. Favored my older brother over me. But HE wasn't evil enough! I've done what I could to impress my father... and the jerk throws me into the damn gutter like it's nothing!"

You listen in. He says, "Years ago, I've learned not to trust anyone. But I've gained five ahem 'delightful' kids as my own. Let's just say that they were originally operatives themselves. You know... for the Kids Next Door. But I've delightfulized them into the perfect children. So now, they're permanently like that. Obedient, delightful, despicable... It's great." He grins.

He looks at you and he says, "The children are just missing one thing. But I'll tell you after I tell you my real name." You say, "What is your real name?" He says, "Benedict... Benedict Uno." You say, "Benedict Uno?" You gasp and you say, "Wait a second... are you related to one of the Kids Next Door, too?"

He says, "Yes. The one they call Numbuh 1. Nigel Uno. My nephew. His dad Monty... is my older brother. He's the one dad loved oh so much more than he did me." You say, "Benedict... I can't blame you for how you've turned out. You were obviously pushed, babe. If anything... the next time you see your dad, Benedict... get back at him. Show him who's boss. By the way... my cousin found out about us."

He says, "So she did. I'm not surprised... Tell me what happened with you. You know... What your mother was like." You sigh and you say, "Oh boy. Where the hell do I start?" You sigh and you look at him.

You say, "My mom... Megumi. She had me when she was only fifteen years old. The bitch would constantly smack me around. She'd even lock me in a room for hours. I resorted to pissing in a cup because I couldn't get out. When she let me out, she saw what I did in those cups and she'd scream at me. Yank me by the hair and tell me to go to bed."

His eyes widen and he says, "Holy shit. That... that kind of beats ME." You say, "Oh?" He says, "She locked you in a room herself. What the hell did she expect you to... pee into? I'm surprised YOU haven't turned evil. Hell, you could've been the most evil female in this town."

You say, "I hardly ate anything when being locked in there, either. There were times I was lucky when my aunt was around. She'd let me out and she'd feed me as much as she could. I'm surprised I'm still alive at all. By the time I was twelve years old, I'd run away from home. Go to my friend's house to stay. I've always dreaded going back home, knowing what would come for me."

He says, "Oh my god. I'm evil. That's a plus... But that's just disgusting." You look at him and you say, "My ex, Ronnie Jacobs would smack me, tell me not to burn his food. He'd smack me during dinner and he'd tell me to let him eat first. He'd emotionally abuse me too. But last week I finally snapped. I knocked him out with a lamp and I packed my things and left. Now I'm here and so far, things are better."

He pulls you close and he says, "They won't hurt you again. I won't let them near my woman. I told you I'll treat you right. The way a man should. You deserve it, baby. Every bit of it. Be happy with someone for once in your damn life.~" Your lip quivers and you look away, sobbing. He says, "Awe, hey now. Come on."

You look at him and you say, "I-I'm sorry. That's just... So sweet of you, Benedict." You sigh and you say, "No guy has ever been this nice to me, before." He uses his thumb to wipe your tears away. He smirks and says, "Stay with me tonight, (Y/N). Keep Mr. Benedict company.~" You sniffle and you say, "Okay.~"

He leans in to kiss you and you kiss him back. It's a deep kiss and you moan into it. He pulls away and he says, "My Delightful Children are missing one thing. Just one thing in their lives." You say, "And that is?" He grins and says, "A mother. And that very mother they need... is YOU."