Ch. 27: A Mother's Confession

Now Megumi is face to face with Genki. Genki says, "Away from the girls, Megumi. You've done enough! You've ruined my life and you've ruined (Y/N)'s. I will NOT let you try and hurt my girls or that baby!"

Megumi says, "And what are you gonna do about it?" You say, "She won't... But I will." She turns to face you. Your eyes suddenly turn red and Megumi says, "What in the hell?" You pant a bit and you say, "You've done enough. Ben and I are ending this shit once and for all!" Benedict turns into Father and makes flames develop around him. He faces his dad and says, "Same thing I'm gonna do to YOU old man!"

Nigel yells, "Everyone back away!" Everyone else backs away. You're face to face with your mom. Benedict now Father is face to face with his dad. Grandfather says, "And what are you going to do, you little accident?" Father says, "What I should have done a long time ago."

He brings flames up from his hands and he yells, "Now you'll feel MY wrath!!" You approach your mom and you say, "I've waited a long goddamn time for this!" Megumi reaches into her pocket and she pulls out a knife. She says, "Okay kid... We'll play." Hoagie says, "Man. That Megumi is one horrific woman." Genki sighs and says, "All of her life, Hoagie. She's my sister." They look at her. Kuki says, "It's true."

Grandfather says, "Better yet, Megumi! Why don't we end BOTH the brats, together! The two lovers can go!" Megumi stops and says, "Oh no you don't, old man!" Everyone looks at her with question. She says, "Nobody messes with (Y/N)... but me."

You stop and you say, "Wait, what?" Father stops what he's doing. Grandfather says, "Huh?" Megumi sighs and faces you. She looks at you and says, "You heard me right, kid. Nobody else but ME... messes with you. Pushes you around. If I were around that Ronnie guy enough, I would've knocked his ass into next Tuesday! Nobody does that do you... except me."

You say, "I... I don't understand." She says, "Of course you don't. I'm aware that you've never had proper love from me. Or any of it at all, in fact. That's why Genki took you from me when you were only nine in a half years old. I didn't deserve you, in the first place." 

She sighs and she says, "I wanted a daughter... and I got it. But I'm not a loving person. Never was. I would've aborted you, but I didn't. I kept you. Believe it or not, (Y/N)... I loved you. I really did. But I was weak. I don't show that loving mother crap that Genki does. You were mine, (Y/N). I carried you for nine months at the age of fifteen."

Wally says, "Holy crud. You were fifteen? That's almost Cree's age!" Megumi looks over at Wally and says, "Oh, kid. People younger than that have kids all the time. Trust me." She sighs and looks at you saying, "(Y/N). I locked you in a room for hours. Told you not to leave the house. In my own way, I was protecting you from the real world."

You say, "And what you did was any goddamn different?" She says, "Because someone out there could kill you, instead! Yeah... I hit you. I've yelled at you. But I never would've wanted to kill you. You were mine to torment. Nobody else's. You were MINE, (Y/N)."

The Delightful Children are watching from inside the mansion and they've got Judith. They say, "Now must be a better time to walk out." They walk out of the mansion and Father looks over. He says, "Children! We told you to..." You say, "It's fine, babe." He looks at you. You're still looking at your mother.

Megumi looks to see the Delightful Children. She says, "These five can't be your real kids. Maybe the baby, but not them." You say, "You're right. They're not. But I love them." You take Judith. Megumi looks at her and she says, "So, that's her huh? My granddaughter." You say, "Yes. Her name's Judith and you stay the hell away from her."

She looks at you and she says, "Just for your stupid sake, I will. And (Y/N)?" You say, "Yes, mother?" She says, "Protect that baby. Don't let her deal with the same hostel people. Someone like me. A mother that's shown little to no love towards you. A mother that pushed you around. Abused you and your aunt. Don't let the same happen to Judith."

She sighs and she looks at Kuki. She says, "You're okay for now, kid." Kuki says, "I still don't trust you around the baby!" Megumi says, "I know, Kuki. Nobody does. But that's how I am." She faces you and she says, "Don't get your hopes up about me giving you a call and asking how you are. Just know this... I love you. I always have. And I love Judith. I'm out of here."

You all look at her. You say, "Mama. I..." She puts her hand up and she says, "Don't... press your luck. Not with me. I said I'm out of here. Goodbye, (Y/N)." She turns away and she walks off. She gets to her car and gets in. She starts it and drives off.

Abby says, "Wow. I didn't expect THAT." Genki says, "Neither did I. That's the first empathy she's ever shown in her whole life." You sigh and you hold Judith close. Grandfather says, "That was... unusual." You say, "How do you think I feel?"

Grandfather says, "Let me see her. I didn't say I'd back down from controlling this town if you don't." You and Father look at each other and you look at him. Father says, "Fine. But don't try anything stupid." Grandfather says, "Relax son. I'll even respect you a tad bit. Let me see my granddaughter."

You hand the baby to Grandfather and he takes her. He chuckles and says, "I see it happening. The next to take your place, Benedict. I can see it. She'll be a bad child. Far more evil than you in the future once she takes your place."

Father says, "So you finally admit I'm as evil as you are?" Grandfather says, "Don't get your hopes up. The only thing I like that comes from YOU... is the baby." He looks down at Judith. She looks up and coos.

He smiles down at her and says, "Daww. Yes. This makes your daddy less of a disappointment to me." She giggles. He looks at Father and says, "You heard me right, son. Because of her, you're less of a nuisance to me.... Here." He gives Judith back and Father takes her. You both look at him. The Delightful Children come up to you and you hold them close.

Grandfather says, "I'm going, now." Father says, "Wait. So you were doing all of this... because you wanted to see Judith?" Grandfather says, "What the hell else, Benedict? Take care of the kid. She's my favorite grandchild. She's next to take your place, after all." He vanishes and everything goes bright again.

Abby says, "Babies really do change everything, don't they?" The Delightful Children look at your arm and they gasp. They say, "Mother! What happened to your arm?" You say, "Oh, I'm fine children. Just a cigarette burn from your grandma." They say, "Mother. Come inside. We'll fix that."

You look at everyone and you say, "Well. I guess we're all safe... for now." Nigel says, "Come on, Kids Next Door. Let's get back to headquarters." Kuki says, "Bye (Y/N)." You say, "Bye, Kuki. Nigel." Nigel looks at you and says, "Yeah?" You say, "Look."

You show him the ring on your finger and you say, "I'll be your aunt really soon." You smile. Father looks at him and says, "We'll still be waiting for you Kids Next Door to try and stop us." The Delightful Children smile and they say, "That's right. Until next time... we'll let you go. Besides, we need to take care of our mother."

You look and you say, "Aunt Genki. Thanks for showing up." She says, "I knew my sister would come. I had to for yours and your children's sake." You walk to her and you hug her. She hugs you back. You pull away and you say, "After everything you've done for me. I thank you."

She smiles and says, "Whether you're raising Judith to be evil or not, take care of her. You're a better mother than yours ever was." You all leave. You, Father, Judith and the Delightful Children head inside the mansion. Genki and the Kids Next Door leave, too.