Ch. 30: Flashback to Your Teen Years

The next day, you're sitting in the living room. You're feeding Judith. Ashley's sitting next to you since she's separated from the other Delightful Children at the moment until she's over her... lady problems. The other four are seated across from you.

You suddenly see Father walking in. As Benedict. You smile and you say, "Good. We're all in here." He says, "Yeah, hey." He sits next to you and he says, "Hey, children." They say, "Hello, father." He looks down at Judith and he says, "How's daddy's little princess doing?~" He kisses her on the forehead. She coos a bit and manages a smile.

Suddenly, the Delightful Children including Ashley say this, "Mother." You say, "Yes, children?" They say, "What was high school like for you?" You say, "You guys wanna know what high school was like for me?" They say, "Yes, mother." You say, "Well... it was from the years of 2005 through 2009. That's the year I graduated. Anyways..."

(Flashback...)

It's the year 2006. Your freshman year. You're in the school hallways. You had shoulder length hair then. Some bright blue highlights in it. You're wearing a Story Of The Year shirt and a red plaid skirt. Fishnet stockings and black boots.

Next to you is a blonde girl with shorter blonde hair. Kind of spiky. Korn shirt like she wears to this day since she's a major fan of Korn. That was Shirley Kingston. She's got on red pants with some holes in it. A chain on a belt loop with a wallet attached and in her pocket, etc.

Shirley says, "So (Y/N). What do you wanna do, today after school?" You say, "We could hit the mall. Hell, my aunt and uncle could possibly drive us there." She says, "Yeah. They've got this new A.F.I. CD coming out soon." You say, "December Underground? Last year, I got Gorillaz's new CD. Demon Days." She says, "Nice."

You say, "Don't look now. But Amber Bitchler is heading this way." Shirley sarcastically says, "Oh, what joy." Amber Birchler was the school's queen bee and completely stuck up. Her friends are Joyce Werner and Chloe Hanson. Amber sees you and she and her friends giggle. Joyce says, "If it isn't the two emo skanks. You especially, Shirley."

Amber looks at you and says, "Oh (Y/N). If only you'd lose the gothic crap and ditch Shirley... You could possibly be one of us." You say, "I wouldn't be caught dead joining one of you guys." Chloe says, "Well. Whenever you decide to change your mind." Amber and her friends walk off, whispering stuff and giggling.

Shirley mocks their giggle and you both make a barf sound. You say, "Wanna go get high, later?" Shirley smirks and says, "Hell yeah, I do." Right outside the flashback, Ben says, "Ooh. You were a fun one, weren't you?" You say, "Indeed." You continue your story...

***************************************

Another part of the flashback shows you and Shirley at her place. Still 2006. This was back when she lived with her mom and dad. It's Friday night and you're both listening to Last Sunrise by Aiden on her radio. You're both drinking a bottle of Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. You say, "I could drink this stuff all the time. It's so good." She says, "Yeah, it is." She takes a drink of it and hands it to you.

You say, "Who's that guy you like?" She says, "You mean Tom Hellman?" You say, "Yeah. Him." She says, "He's gonna throw a party just for us fellow goths at his place. Goths or emos as society would label us. He'll be playing Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Story Of The Year." You say, "I love Story Of The Year. I have the shirt. That and Linkin Park. (This was eleven years before Chester passed away :( )

She says, "But yeah. It's gonna be awesome. No prissy bitch to get in our way. No pop shit." You say, "I'd rather listen to pop than country." She says, "Yeah. Good point. But still." You say, "Oh, I can tolerate those bitches... compared to my mom."