Ch. 57: Linda Tells You the Truth

Later on, you're getting a ride to Linda's house in a limousine. She had something to tell you and it was about Katherine. Benedict had decided to stay home with the kids. You would tell him what Linda told you when you got back home.

You get there and the limousine parks right on the curb. You say, "Thank you, driver. I'll call you to let you know when I'm ready for you to get me. I'm not gonna make you wait. I don't know how long I'm gonna be." He says, "Yes, madame." You get out of the limo and you shut the door. The driver drives off.

You walk to the front door and you knock. You wait. The door opens and there's a woman with medium brown hair. Same color hair Katherine has. She almost looks like Katherine, but older and slightly thicker thighs. She says, "(Y/N). Good. You're here. Come in." She lets you in and shuts the door.

As you're sitting down and talking you say, "Linda. What happened to Katherine?" She sighs and says, "Mrs. Uno... There are reasons Katherine turned out the way she is now. I can't blame you for having her arrested, but please listen to what I'm about to tell you?" You nod.

She sighs and says, "She's not the only one from this house who's been put behind bars. Her father... is much worse." You say, "What did he do, Linda?" Linda says, "When she was just a child, she was always happy. She loved to dance, play, make everyone smile. But by the time she was nine years old, I've noticed her behavior had changed. She was smiling less. I felt like she was hiding something from me."

You say, "Then what happened?" She says, "One night. Five years ago, I came home from work. I had to work late that night so it was around midnight when I got back. But when I went down the hallway, I saw Larry... her dad. He got to Katherine's bedroom door and he opened it. He went in there."

You didn't like where this was going. You knew something horrific was coming up. Linda says, "I figured he was gonna tuck her in, so I went down there to do the same. But to my horror... I heard him whispering this, "Don't you tell anyone or I'll kill mommy." I was in shock. What did he mean by that when he told her that?" You say, "Oh no. Don't tell me he..." She says, "I opened the door to..." She sniffles and says, "To find him on top of her! He was molesting her! My baby!"

You gasp. She says, "I dashed in there and yanked him right the hell off of her! I hit him several times with Katherine's lamp. I could hear her sobbing and saying, "Mama. Help." I knocked him out cold. Served the sick bastard right!" You put your hands over your mouth. You look away saying, "And WE got her arrested."

She says, "Mrs. Uno. Please? Don't blame yourself for putting my daughter behind bars." You look at her. She says, "I didn't grow up with a very good mom, myself." You say, "Neither did I." She says, "Toxicity has run in the family for several years. I took Katherine out of there. I was holding her. She was holding onto me as if she was hanging off a cliff. I called the police on Larry. I told them everything. They came... and they took him. He was arrested for molestation. He's still being held in the prison today and will remain there for a long time."

You look at her and you say, "Linda. I... I'm so sorry. I... I wish I would've known this, sooner. Hey... listen." She looks at you. Tears in her eyes. You grab her hand and you say, "I can help you bail Katherine out. She can be forgiven for what she did. What her dad did to HER... was far far worse. Compared to what he did... she doesn't even deserve a year in there."

She says, "You would... do that?" You nod and you say, "Yes." She says, "I mean. I don't know. She and I don't have a good relationship right now. She'll cuss me out. She'll throw things. She's taken the wine out of my fridge and I know she shared it with your eight year old. But I can't argue with her. Not after what her father did to her at the age of nine." You say, "Same age as Judith."

She looks at you and says, "Keep your kids safe, (Y/N). All three of them. I know you have five out on their own, too. What are their names, again? The older ones?" You say, "David, Ashley, Lenny, Constance and Bruce."

She says, "That's it." You say, "Bruce is engaged now. You know Rachel McKenzie?" She says, "Yes. Very nice girl. Is that her?" You say, "Yeah. My soon to be daughter-in-law." You and Linda talk the rest of the time.

**************************************

About an hour or so later, you get back to the Delightful Mansion. You get out of the limousine and you walk to the front double doors. You get inside and you shut the doors behind you. You sigh. You hear this, "Did you find something out about Katherine?" You look over to see your husband.

You sigh and you say, "Oh babe. I feel awful." He walks to you and says, "For what?" You say, "Ben. Come with me and I'll tell you." Father follows you to the living room and you say, "Sit with me." You both sit on the couch. You sigh. He says, "Did something horrible happen to Katherine?" You say, "Yes. Ben... Her father molested her when she was just Judith's age."

His eyes widen and he says, "Holy shit. You serious?" You say, "That could be why she's messed up now, Ben. And I feel like we've celebrated her being in jail... only to find out she herself was a victim. Yeah. We're owners of Evil Adult Industries Inc... But that..." He says, "That shit is beyond evil. With what her dad did to her. That's fucking disgusting."

You say, "Ben. I have something to tell you." He looks at you. You say, "I know this is so sudden... but I think we should bail Katherine out." He says, "What? We were the ones who got her sent to jail in the first place, babe. She kidnapped our son."

You say, "I know. But, Ben. Think about it. Girls like Katherine will never be able to get over their traumatic past. That can emotionally scar a person for life. And she's in jail herself for four years. I know she kidnapped our son... but let's give her another chance babe. Please? Besides, we're the only ones in this town that can easily give them enough money to bail her out without having to come up with it. We're millionaires."

He says, "Well... you have a point." He sighs and says, "Alright... we'll bail her out." You smile and you say, "Good. After what Linda told me, I feel awful." He says, "Baby. It's not your fault. We did what he had to and save our son." You say, "Ben. I'm not keeping this from Jasper. I'm telling him what happened to Katherine."

Father says, "You're gonna tell our eight year old son about Katherine's past?" You say, "Ben. He needs to know so he can understand. Besides, some creepy older man could come up to our kids. We never know. This world is full of sick people, babe. Our kids need to be on alert, too." Father says, "You have a good point. I'm getting ready to start having Judith carry pepper spray around soon. Or... use her fire powers."

You say, "Hey yeah. I wonder if Jasper had developed those already. Judith's had hers since she was a baby. Violet too. We need to see if she's the same way. Plus, she's pretty smart." Father says, "Hey. You know something? She might even be gifted. She speaks really well for a two year old. She's teaching Cody, herself."

You say, "Think we should test her to see what she knows or doesn't know?" Father says, "Let's go find her. I'm pretty sure Judith has her." You say, "Possibly. I swear that girl won't let anyone else have their turn with Violet except for us." You both walk upstairs.