Ch. 52: Gathering At the Delightful Mansion

Jasper is shocked that Judith had found out about him and Katherine. He quietly says, "Don't tell mom and dad. Please?" She says, "Fine. I won't." He sighs and says, "Good. I..." She says, "On one condition." He looks at her. She says, "Stay out of my room... and I'll won't tell mom and dad that you're dating the babysitter."

He grabs her hand, shaking it and saying, "Deal." She smirks and says, "Good. Then it's settled. You don't walk into my room and I won't spill my guts to mom and dad about you and Katherine." He nods. They let go of each other's hand.

She says, "I mean it. Stay out." He says, "I don't even wanna go in there, anyways." She smiles and says, "You're so easy." She walks off and goes into her room, shutting the door. He sighs with relief and he whispers, "That was close." He goes into his room.

************************************

A week goes by. A family/friend gathering is going to be at the Delightful Mansion, tomorrow. The Delightful Adults will be there. Rachel with them since she's still with Bruce. Your dad. Benedict's dad. Your aunt Genki and uncle Kani with Mushi since Mushi's fifteen and still living with them. Kuki, Wally and their two year old son Cody will be there.

Monty and his wife. Nigel and Lizzie. Also, Lizzie's pregnant. Monty called you guys and told you that Nigel will be a father soon. Hoagie and Abby are dating, though they're living with her older sister Cree at the moment until they get their own place.

Cree is now twenty three years old and has a three year old daughter. And so on. A lot of people you know will be there. You and Benedict are still unaware of your son's secret, too. But Judith knows. Also, Katherine will be there as well.

It's 9pm right now. You're up in Violet's room with her as you sit in a chair, reading a story book to her. The Three Pigs. You say, "Little pig. Little pig. Let me in." She smiles and says, "Not by the hair... on my chinny chin... chin."

You say, "Very good. Ahem, then I'll huff and I'll puff. And I'll blow your house in." She blows on the book and she giggles. She looks at you and she says, "I blowed the house down, mommy." You giggle and you say, "You sure did, pumpkin.~" You kiss her on the cheek.

She says, "Mommy." and looks at you. You smile and you say, "What is it, baby?~" She hugs you and you hug her back. You put the book down and you hold her close. You say, "Mommy's baby girl. Daddy's little fireball.~" You kiss her on the cheek.

You say, "Tomorrow you'll get to see everyone you know. Your Delightful Siblings. Grandpa Derek. Grandfather. Uncle Monty. Aunt Genki and uncle Kani. Kuki. Katherine... you'll get to see them all tomorrow at our gathering, honey.~" She says, "Where's daddy, mommy?" You say, "He should be downstairs. He'll be up to say goodnight to you."

You hear this, "Yep. I'm right here." You look over to see Benedict and you smile. You stand up with Violet in your arms. He walks over and he smiles and says, "Time for bed, my little fireball." She says, "Daddy. Hold me." He says, "Alright. For a little bit, princess. Then you're going to bed." You hand her over to him and he takes her.

He says, "Be ready for tomorrow, honey. You'll see everyone you know. Guess who else?" She smiles and says, "Delightfuls!" He says, "That's right. They'll be happy to see you and your brother and sister. They don't see you that often since they've moved out." She yawns.

He kisses her on the cheek and he says, "Yeah. You're ready for bed, honey." You and Benedict lay her on her bed and you tuck her in. You both kiss her goodnight and she falls asleep with her teddy bear in her arms. You both head out of her room to let her sleep.

Right over in Jasper's room, Jasper is on his phone. He's talking to Katherine. Not through text, but through calling. He says, "I can't wait to see you, tomorrow. I'd love to have you here." "Awe. You know I'll be there for you, Jasper.~"

He hears footsteps and he gasps saying, "Crap. I hear my mom and dad coming. I gotta go." "Okay, sweet thing. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you.~" He whispers, "Love you too." He hangs up and he puts his phone down to let it charge.

The door opens and in come you and Benedict. You walk over and you say, "There's my handsome little man. Be ready to sleep, pumpkin.~" He says, "Okay, mom." Benedict says, "Guess who else will be here at the gathering, son?"

Jasper already knows, but he goes along and says, "Who?" You say, "Katherine. Your babysitter. She really loves you guys." He smiles and takes his glasses off. He lays down. You and Benedict tuck him in and kiss him goodnight. You leave his room to let him sleep.

You get to Judith's room and you knock. You hear this, "Yes?" Benedict says, "Princess. It's us." She says, "Oh. Come in." The door opens and you see Judith laying back on her bed and looking at her phone. You say, "I'll give you twenty more minutes, then I want you in bed." She says, "Yes, mama." You guys walk over to her. She sits up an faces you and Benedict.

You sit down on her bed and you say, "Hey, sweetheart." She smiles and says, "Hi, mama. Hi, daddy." Benedict sits down and says, "Be ready for tomorrow, princess. You'll be seeing family and friends here."

She smiles and says, "I know. I'll for sure dress perfectly for this. Is it alright if I have Jennifer and Joanne with me?" You say, "Yes. You can bring them." She says, "Cool." She lays down and you pull the covers over her. You and Benedict kiss her goodnight and you leave her room. She looks at her phone for a little bit until she goes to bed.

*********************************

The next day, the family/friend gathering is happening at the Delightful Mansion. Everyone you know is there. Your aunt Genki and uncle Kani. Mushi came with them since she still lives with them. Wally, Kuki and their two year old son. He looks like Wallaby did when you first saw him with the hair, but Cody's hair is black like his mom.

Nigel and Lizzie are there. Monty and his wife. Katherine. They're all there. The gathering's going on inside the mansion and outside. Judith is standing on the bridge in your backyard and talking to her friends Jennifer and Joanne.

It's time to eat and you call your daughter and her friends in. You've got Violet in your arms. They come in and you all sit around the long table in the dining room. One maid happened to be back from vacation, so she's there. She made the food today.

Violet's in her highchair between you and Benedict. Jasper's sitting next to Katherine and Mushi. Without anyone looking, Katherine and Jasper grab each other's hands. The Delightful Adults are there. Despite being able to separate from each other now, they're still delightful. Always will be. Rachel's sitting next to Bruce. Cody is on Kuki's lap. She's sitting next to Wallaby. And so on.

You and Benedict stand up and everyone looks at you. You say, "I wanna thank you all for coming. Family. Friends... It's nice to have these once in a while." Benedict says, "Yeah. What my wife said. When we first met, it was just me, her and the Delightful Children. Then three more kids came along. The now Delightful Adults are out on their own. We've got our three home with us..." And so on.

You say, "Eight children. You would think 'Wow, (Y/N). Can you and Ben handle all of those kids?' Well... it depends on how well behaved you make them. But they're my entire life." Everyone claps. Your aunt Genki says, "You did a fine job raising them, dear." You say, "Thanks, aunt Genki." Kani says, "Yeah. Nice to know Cody and Violet there will be in the same class."

Monty says, "And now Nigel and Lizzie will be having a little one of their own. Won't be too long." Mrs. Uno smiles and says, "Oh, I can't wait to see our grandkid." As everyone talks, Katherine leans in and whispers something to Jasper.

He looks at her. She smiles and nods whispering, "I mean it. Sneak out with me again, tonight." He whispers, "Okay." Little are they aware, Monty is looking over at them with suspicion. You all enjoy the gathering the rest of the time.