3

[EDITED]

[EDITED]

White pain pounding in the back of her head as suffocation penetrated her neck muscles, and all memories came crashing down.

Aine latched open her eyes, a burn pinching beneath her eyelids. A gasp of despair wrenched out of her arid lips by the coldness seeping every inch of her skin as the neat panic rolled down to the length of her spine. The girl hastily looked around like a woman who was searching for her sanity.

"What. . . what place is this?" An unfamiliar room- empty with a bed where she was sitting on, a vanity mirror pressing against the wall, a small crystal chandelier hanging on the ceiling, with red curtains hanging on the floor to ceiling windows.

First, Aine was perplexed, her mind was tangling chaos. Deep, vast void stretching within her to worsen her uncertainty. Her mind kept reiterating the same event that had emerged in the washroom and the first thing that occurred in front of her eyes was her best friend Yim.

Is she okay? Where is Yim?

"But who will protect you?" A frigid voice ripped out from the depths of her quivering heart.

By that thought, fear cramped her throat with a fatal clutch. The room was eerie silent, enough to give her creepy chills as she kept prowling her desperate gaze around the room as if the answer to her numerous questions would be etched on the hollow walls. No use, Aine was aware but still, she couldn't help but be restless. Pearly tears stroked down at her rosy face, one by one, yet she didn't bother to wipe it- the feeble girl had no energy to even move and the pain of her head was getting worse, turning her numb.

Her whimpers and sobs filled the chilly air, as she draped her arms around her knees to at least provide some comfort to her restless heart. Sadly, her attempts to stay steady didn't remain longer. Her body jerked in vigilance by the sudden screeching sound of the door, she gaped it torn open. A tall, bulky black-suited man entered the room with a girl trailing behind him. A huge, sickly grin adorning his wrinkling face and the girl was looking down as if the floor was one of the most fascinating things to admire.

Aine's lower lip wobbled and more tears slipped down by sensing something alarming wandering in her veins, while the male rubbed his jaw and keenly eyed at her head to toe.

"You got a pretty figure, you can lure any man. . . but so fragile. They would relish devouring you." He sneered. A ravenous glow prowling in his dusky shade of iris as he glided his tongue on his lower lip.

Those unnerving words were like scalding water splashing on Aine's face, making her winch. Aine could feel her frangible heart sobbing to break out of her ribs to abandon her in sheer grief.