60

++++

++++

[EDITED]

Jungkook exhaled out his hesitancy.

He nibbled his lower lip, eyes scanning Aine's door. He could hear chattering and feminine laughter seeping out of the gap of the door as his unyielding heart loudly hastened against his battered rib cage in profound apprehension. 

He didn't like to get all wonky and anxious, it rarely happened with him and when it happened, he always found himself at the mount of uncertainty. The hesitation rolled over him, making his palms clammy and sweaty and he touched the door. Aine was awake, now all he had to just walk inside and face her and tell her everything that was dashing around his head to torment his heart.

The more he thought about it, the more he felt his guts withering. Jungkook gathered his courage, swallowing down his hesitation, he knocked on the door.

A few seconds later the door swiftly opened and a grinning Enyo revealed herself, Mrs Jeon who was sitting in front of Aine hiding her view turned at him and instantly an adoring smile broke onto her lips. Since Aine stepped into Jeon Mansion, Enyo and Granny were not ready to leave her side.

"Look Aine, your lover boy is here to meet you. Poor guy was worried sick." Mrs Jeon let out a hearty chuckle, turning Aine's face a rosy mess.

"Lame, cringe and sappy. Only you can do this, Granny." Enyo scoffed beside them, finding her Granny's words extremely corny for her liking. Her statement was too sweet as if dipped in honey. Enyo visibly shuddered, though Jungkook remained unbothered, face calm and blank though his insides had deadly knots.

"We should give them some time together, yeah granny." Enyo raised her right brow at Mrs Jeon as the sweet lady hummed softly and sat up after placing a tender kiss at Aine's forehead.

Enyo bent down and gave Aine an awkward hug, startling the brown-eyed girl but she smiled nonetheless. Enyo wasn't a very affectionate person, but she had crammed loads of love for her people.

"Bitch, thanks. You are adorable."Aine mumbled softly, pinching Enyo's chin lovingly as Enyo simply granted her a playful eye roll, muttering a shut up as both ladies left the room, shutting the door behind.

The comforting silence blanketing over them. Aine's gaze fell on her bandaged wrists as her bangs tickled her forehead, she smoothed them with her fingertips as the girl stole a glance at him, finding Jungkook already staring at her. For a second, it seemed as if he was staring at the route of her soul. Getting the attention from him,  formed the heat in the back of her neck that trickled down to the length of her spine.