45

[ EDITED ]

Two days later 

"Will you care to remind me again why are we actually here?"Josh's voice floated inside the car with the hint of curiosity dripping in his tone which made Jackson's lips twitched in an irritating smirk.

"Ah, josh you and your undeniably stupid questions," Jackson sighed, "We are here for jeon jungkook of course."

"We don't have any meeting," Josh raised his brows at him, "wait he died or what?" josh scoffed, you can't blame him for thinking something harsh for jungkook because clearly, he was not a big fan of his attitude.

"Show some kindness, Josh, "Jackson's long fingers slowly rubbed his silk jaw and for a mere second his eyes sparked with something that Josh couldn't catch." The poor guy was injured, and someone tried to kill him. We should meet him, after all, he is our new partner." Jackson tossed a smile at Josh who couldn't digest his words, it seemed like a devil was smiling at him.

"Why don't you go alone?"Josh groaned bluntly but Jackson seemed unbothered. Avoiding his best friend, he climbed out of his car at dazzling ease, appearing all mighty. Josh's eyes expanded, he was quick to follow his boss. 

Now Jackson was sitting in Jungkook's lavish, living area, patiently waiting for him to come downstairs. Josh was firmly standing behind Jackson, releasing frustrating strings of breaths and silently condemning inside his head at Jungkook's guards who were scattered around the hall, their eyes narrowed. 

Josh slightly bent down to whisper in Jackson's ear. "Seriously, why the hell are we wasting our time here? We have an important meeting in one hour." 

"Oh lord." Jackson flashed him a tight smile, shaking his head at his friend's impatience. Jackson knew Josh wasn't fond of Jungkook though he didn't have to exhibit it. "I know Josh, now be quiet for the sake of heaven. You are downright annoying." Jackson curtly dismissed the male as Josh obediently nodded and squared his body.

Meow!

Jackson raised his brow and turned his attention to the cutest sound. His eyes roamed around the room and finally, he found the source of the sound. A half grey and half black face cat was rubbing her body against his leg so adorably that made Jackson's eyes lit up in fondness and a  doting smile crept on his ruddy lips.

"Hey little guy, what are you doing here alone?"He asked softly while picking bluebelly in his arms, affectionately nuzzling his face in her head.

"He can't talk Jackson," Josh careless words slipped from his lips smoothly.

"Thanks for enlightening me, mate." Jackson rolled his eyes. "And how do you know, It's he and not she?" Josh's lips parted, as he frowned, getting embarrassed by Jackson's question. 

"Now do me a favour and shut your mouth. Keep your unwanted comments to yourself." Jackson chuckled, stroking Bluebelly's fur. Jackson wondered who was the owner of the cat. 

Josh swiftly did a motion to zip on his lips by his fingers and coolly shrugged his shoulders as maintaining a blank face.

"You disobedient daughter," Jackson startled by the feminine voice.

Raising his head he looked at the person. Aine was walking toward him, long and thick legs erasing the distance between them. The sweet red colour knee-length dress draped around her perfect slim body complimenting her glowing skin, her long hair was black and naturally straight hanging on her back yet Jackson could tell they were soft and silky like her skin. Her big doe eyes were sparkling like moon birth in them and the slight pink colour painted cheeks he just wanted to caress it but couldn't avoid her those tender Ruby-red lips that curled into a fake pout, Jackson thought how it would feel to touch or kiss?