37

My heart is aching right now, oh gosh

______________________________________

[ EDITED ]

A gorgeous heart-melting smile was nestled in the corner of his lips as Jungkook climbed out of his car. Totally excited to tell his mother that he saw a girl today, a very stunning one and he couldn't stop thinking about her. He wanted to let his mother know that someone had captured his eyes and how effortlessly his heartbeat was a mess beneath his rib cage. By the way, he was always a mommy's boy. 

Jungkook wanted to see that warm smile on his mother's lips when he'd tell her about his newfound crush who he even didn't know. It wasn't a big deal, Jungkook would find her, she was in the same city, it wouldn't be a big problem. He would just tell his father's men to find her and they would upside down the whole freaking country to search for her — he was just delighted to see his mother but poor boy didn't have any idea what was waiting for him 

He ran toward his living area, so engrossed in his glee that he didn't notice that there was no guard outside of his mansion. It was unusual to behold the front side of the mansion so isolated.

When Jungkook stepped inside of his home, an eerie cold air swept across his body and a haunting silence greeted him.  A cold shiver nipped down to his spine, clenching his muscles and the wide smile that Jungkook had dropped down on the floor, right under his shoes. 

"Why?" A whisper escaped between his lips, a pang of knot formed in the back of his throat. 

In front of his blurry vision, he could see his mother's lifeless body coated in crimson liquid. Four bullets pierced her stomach, slashes through her limbs as blood oozed out of the wounds. Her glowing skin was dull, her beautiful hazel eyes were closed and sadly, but that was the harsh truth that Jungkook would never be able to peek in them again.

His mother's head was resting on Enyo's lap who was drowning in her tears of remorse, appearing utterly devastated. Her long fingers dug into her mother's ebony mass of hair, she kept caressing her scalp exactly like the way Mrs Jeon often used to do with Enyo when she couldn't sleep at night.

"Maa!" Jungkook gasped as his heart started beating ten times rapidly, stopping then moving then again stopping. His throat worked greedily for a heavy gulp as he tried to erase the distance between his mother and him, but he couldn't— his ability to move had been smashed within him just like his heart. 

Jungkook couldn't understand anything, his mind wasn't cooperating with him. Only he could see red and blood, his mother's blood. Jungkook's granny was there crying and stroking her palms over Enyo's back to provide some comfort to her granddaughter but it was useless. It didn't help at that moment, Enyo's screams and sobs weren't quitting.