48

[ EDITED ]

Jungkook was not fond of parties but he had some duties toward his business and social activities. Right now, he was standing in his foyer as usually one hand shoved inside his slack pocket, a lit cigarette carelessly hanging between his dainty lips, warming his lungs. A black shirt underneath his expensive black Armani suit, three buttons were undone revealing his sun-kissed chest while his tattoo peeked behind the fabric. His charcoal shade hair was pulled back, and one silver dangling earring finalized his look — he was aware of how glamorous he appeared. 

After puffing out the white smoke in the thick air, he pinched the cancer stick between his long, slender fingers. Idly, his inky eyes shifted on his wristwatch.

Aine's high heels knock against the floor, shaping a click-clack sound, seizing his precious attention. With a swift motion, his head snapped toward the source of the sound as Jungkook's breath rattled in his lungs like pennies in the glassy jar. He drank the sight of the woman who was elegantly descending from the staircase, each step neat and appealing, tempting his heart. 

"I'm sorry, because of me we are going to be late but you know girls take time."Aine apologised with a mortified, girlish smile tugging the corners of her ruby-red lips.

Jungkook didn't utter a word, he exhaled out a dreamy sigh, proceeding to gape at her in a hazy trance and surely he hadn't heard a single word tumbling out of her mouth. The man was engaged to adore her, examining her, definitely not in a creepy way. A delicate frown drifted her face, then soon it faded away upon noticing the severe emotions prowling in the abyss of those black pools.

"You look stunning."Jungkook confessed breathlessly. He had never complimented a girl before so sweetly and shyly, Aine resisted an urge to cooe at him.

Aine chose to wear a tempting and beauteous wine-coloured, V neck backless dress. The flimsy fabric was smooth and brilliantly clutched around her figure, enhancing her curves. The side slit of the dress was a blessing for Jungkook because her long legs were peering at him through the fabric whenever she ambled around. Aine didn't have any clue that she was fucking with his lust-tied emotions. 

Jungkook without any shame let his eyes prowl all over her body then moved his smokey gaze on her face. Aine makeup was on point, simple yet bold with red lipstick. Long, ebony hair pulled into a high ponytail as she let her bangs rest on her forehead.

"You look handsome too, and as always perfect." With tinted cheeks Aine complimented back, a small grin adorning her lips as Jungkook bit back a cocky smirk.

"Sweetheart, everything in me is too perfect." Jungkook wiggled his brows, an arrogant whiff in his husky voice as his eyes dropped on her lips then slid down to the subtle cleavage. 

"Stop."

"Stop what?"

"Stop staring at me." Her skin was prickling under his intense gaze as she felt an explosion of emotions thrumming her veins and surpassing her body. Much to her surprise, Jungkook just granted her a mellow chuckle lashed in amusement.

"Then stop being ravishing, "Jungkook shrugged and again placed his cigarette between his lips ignoring her slightly red cheeks, parted lips and arched brows.

According to Aine, Jungkook was acting odd— like really, really odd. When she awoke in the bright, blinding morning, she found her head resting on a hard surface. Soon, reality ripped the air out of her lungs in a dazzling fashion when she got face to face with the handsome demon who had his muscular arms wrapping around her waist, holding her closer.