43

[EDITED]

Aine was worried sick.

The queasy feeling bubbling the pit of her stomach was disturbing. Her tears didn't stop bussing across her rosy cheeks. It never happened before, the troubling sentiment had never clung to her bones like this until she felt suffocation.

A feeling, not that one which always gave her petals in her chest and stardust in her lungs. No, Aine was feeling a severe emotion, blowing her heart against her rib cage. It had been two weeks and Jungkook still hadn't returned home. Aine kept asking Enyo and granny but they both blessed her with the same answer that 'He is alright, don't worry.'

Aine knew nothing was right and they were hiding something from her.

All the time she was draining in the ocean of thoughts, missing Jungkook was like peeling her heart open, the bleeding was invisible but profound.  Every night she cried and wept to soak her pillow with her tear-drops. She just wanted him to return to her, she just wanted to drown in his arms and never want to resurface. 

Right now avoiding that gloomy feeling that was stubbornly seeping through her veins, she sat beside Mrs Jeon, forcing a soft smile on her lips as paying her all attention to Mrs Jeon babbling about her kitty party. Okay, our Granny was gossiping about her friends.

In these few days, Aine went close to the old lady and after knowing that Aine didn't have anyone in this world except Bluebelly, Mrs Jeon, affection for Aine heightened as she tried her best to showered the girl with her motherly love.

Enyo arrived downstairs and carelessly dropped her body on the other side of the couch and when Aine darted her eyes at the short-haired woman, an irritating scowl travelled on her face.

"Whore, "Enyo mouthed with a little teasing smirk playing across her red painted lips.

"Bitch," Aine mimicked her expression and flashed a smirk at her which Enyo ignore by coolly rolling her eyes and shifted her attention on her mobile screen.

Aine was so engrossed in the conversation with Mrs Jeon that she didn't hear the several tiers screeching noises outside of the mansion. A black-suited guard entered the foyer.

"Ma'am, Boss is back." He informed shortly, respectfully bowing in front of them and walked away.

Hearing that Mrs Jeon and Enyo sat up, with a joyful smile. Aine was frozen on her spot, comprehending the male words. A relief filled sigh escaped between her lips, she mentally thanked God for not letting her bad thoughts turn into reality. He was safe and he was there, Aine felt a heavy burden sliding away from her shoulders.

Aine lifted her eyes to meet the sight of the unruly male who was gaping at her with a glint that resembled warmth. Jungkook tilted his head sideways, the ebony locks dipping in his upper lashes and a faint smile embellished his ruddy lips as he flirtatiously arched his eyebrows at her. 

Aine looked at him head to toe, he seemed fine, safe and usually gorgeous in his black slacks and white shirt, his black blazer was hanging on his left arm— everything was good, then why a jittery sensation was stinging her stomach.

Aine didn't realize that when she ran toward him with her unsteady legs. Jungkook's eyes dilated, noticing tears blurring her lower lashes as he dropped his blazer on the floor. Aine's tears were like sharp fragments of glass, jabbing his heart as Aine dived in his arms and he couldn't stop himself but to embrace her delicate frame and spun her around. It was a breathtaking sight to watch. His arms were aching to be around her, aching to feel her and he could easily hold her until his arms turned numb.