68

[EDITED

Jungkook's heart thumped loudly, his soul clawed inside in a desperate urge to burst out of his body. The pain crowding around his pounding heart was immense, even powerful and exceptionally difficult to ignore. Jackson watched Jungkook clenching and unclenching his fist in sheer uncertainty as he exhaled out the roar of apprehension, de-stressing a bit.

"There are some people you can love but sadly can't be with them. This type of love is tragic, you will die every fucking day and the most miserable part is that you can't unlove someone. No matter how old your love gets, It will stay buried deep in the corner of your chest, one knock and it'll blow open completely."Jungkook's breath shuddered inside his chest, and all he could think about was Aine. The woman who claimed every dark, crude part of him.

"I don't deserve her, she deserves much better than me. I'm toxic and terrible for her. But there is nobody else for me but her, and it's okay if I can't be with her. Aine should be happy and that's all that matters to me.'' Jungkook's hands began shaking as he knotted his fingers together to avoid the jitteriness. Jungkook's own words felt like a sharp, thin needle pressing against his tongue.

So this was love? Being okay to be damaged and shattered into million chunks, being okay not to be greedy and selfish so their lovers could stay whole and filled with mirth— Jungkook wondered.

"Kook." Jackson licked his lower lip, sensing his throat tightened. He gathered his whole courage to let out the next word, knowing the consequences. "I know it must be hard for you and I can completely understand your feelings. . .but I can't avoid my feelings either and keep you in darkness. I don't want to lose this chance. I may sound offensive, but I don't want to end up like you." Jungkook's heart raised aloft to his throat to beat faintly there, a cold sensation whipped the wall of his stomach.

"Aine is a good influence, I like when she's around me— as you said she deserves better, I want to be the better man for her."Jackson words proved like a slap from Jungkook, it sting his heart, ringed in his ears. Jungkook felt so betrayed, head to fucking toe yet he didn't voice out any accuses. He knew the feeling of being in love, he perfectly understood these emotions where you couldn't see anything but the person who had your heart.

"She is an amazing influence. She is a great woman and you are perfect for her." A bitter smile spread across Jungkook's lips. He mumbled out, realizing the sudden bile arising.

"Ah, stop it Hyung don't remind me of all those things, let me move on too." Jungkook waved his hand to dismiss the topic, heck he wanted to crawl out from this void of misery. "By the way, how's your head? I'm sorry for that. Sometimes I can't control my anger, that's why I always end up hurting my people." He lowered his empty eyes on the floor, his mind was going numb as every muscle of his body began wringing and aching.

"I'm good."Jackson smiled, patting his shoulder.

"Didn't answer me, so why are you here?"Jungkook unleashed a queasy chuckle, pleading with him silently to drop the heartbreaking subject.

"You don't know why I am here?"

"Sorry to say, but I don't know."

"I'm going to marry Jungkook."Jackson spoke and not wavering his words this time, he found a saddening expression crossing the younger face yet Jackson decided to unseen it. 

"I'm perfectly aware of this information." Jungkook scrunched his brows together, his own voice defying him cruelly. It was like salt rubbing his fresh, open wounds. He didn't want to talk about it, didn't want to hear anything about her or their so-called marriage.