53

[ EDITED

The tight ropes tied around her dainty wrists and ankles, continuously biting and digging in her pale skin to leave red, nasty bruises.

Aine's horror-filled eyes danced around the eerily silent room. A dimly lit bulb hung on the old ceiling, illuminating her face, otherwise, each corner was crammed with ominous darkness. Pearl-like shiny tears coated her cheeks as her throat itched by the scream that was desperate to rip out but the rough tape glued on her mouth prevented her from letting out any sound.

"Where am I?"Aine asked herself with a mixture of fear and confusion.

The lurking coldness in the room stroked her body and sent a bone-chilling shiver down to her spine. Her heart pounded harshly within her fragile rib cage and each beat realised how helpless and alone she was. 

The piercing pain shoots through her ear to head, a few pieces of her memory blurred but a few seconds later the last piece of memory burned and last night's incident flashed in her exhausted mind.  Someone dragged her from the backside of the mansion and after that, she passed out fully. Now, she found herself in an isolated, silent room tied in ropes, helplessly whimpering in fear.

"Aw, the sweet thing is in pain or what?"Aine blinked her wet lashes frantically when a deep manly voice chimed around the tiny space of the room. 

"Pathetic, isn't it?" Aine's heart sank in the pit of her stomach, hearing the male's boots hitting sound against the floor coming closer. Every alarm of her body flipping on and her shoulders locked with uncertainty as she waveringly looked at the ground.

"I don't wanna hurt you." The male rasped, falsifying a sad tone and Aine could sense that it was a complete mock. Raising her head she tried to look at the person, the dimly light casting over his face and all she could see was malice. 

Aine's swollen eyes widened and her mind ticked, she instantly recognized him. She had seen him with Jackson when he visited Jeon mansion and if she wasn't wrong, she found him there smirking at her which at that time she dismissed.

Aine faced a hard time believing in her eyes, his appearance was not something that she could imagine, he wasn't that intimidating. Josh was the owner of a baby typeface and he appeared young, so innocent, so harmless and he wasn't a buff muscled guy. He looked exactly like a man who actually came from a fairytale but the vicious glint in his crazed recited another tale. Josh's gaze was not lustful, not greedy; it was just inky and clouded with wickedness that could suffocate you and slowly separate your soul from your body.

"Oh, you are too innocent and noble for this world."Josh chuckled deeply, he reminded Aine of a snake with that toxic smirk on his lips as he was patiently waiting to devour his prey— Now, Aine understood nothing in him was innocent.

Josh narrowed his eyes at her and dropped his body into a squatting position. Aine gulped harshly when lazily his fingertips traced the line of her jaw, then the delicate curve of her cheekbones. Tears began trickling down her eyes by vicious thoughts and it crossed a hazy grin on his pink lips as he wiped her tears and pouted. 

"Don't worry I'm not a rapist."Josh mused and for a brief second, Aine felt a relief washing over her.

"But I can't promise you that you are safe with me because I have a really bad habit of assassinating people— the people who I loathe." A sick, satisfying smirk broke into his lips when he noticed her teary eyes narrowed at him, with a swift motion he removed the tape from her lips.