61

[EDITED]  A/N: So, I've been seeing this thing for a long time but I always let this go, because I don't like the idea of going through every comment section to make the reader understand the plot that is already somehow so clear. I'm not forcing you to like my characters, my plot or any dialogues or scenes. You are reading this book and about the characters of your own accord, so kindly keep your negative criticism to yourself because clearly no one wants that. There is a line between mean comments and playful/ opinionative comments <33 

+++

Aine chuckled bitterly, she cupped her forehead in the conflict that had just unexpectedly occurred. If Jungkook thought she would believe his lies then he was wrong. If he thought she would give up on him then he should think again. One thing she realized, he wanted her as much as she wanted him but something was stopping him from pouring out his emotions.

"You are an idiot, a narcissistic man, an unkind asshole." But she still loved him. Aine couldn't even look at him, her heart had knocked, dragged and demolished around the floor of her chest, she wasn't even able to pick the chunks.

"Anger doesn't suit you, it dims your beauty." Jungkook husked, forcing a sad smile, as Aine scoffed, rubbing her palm over her left arm to ease the pointy goosebumps. He was joking around now, a futile attempt to make each other comfortable after detonating whatever they had between each other.

"Lying doesn't suit you as well, it dims your charm." Jungkook arched his brows in amusement, she always had something to bite him back and he was going to miss this thing, miss her, miss everything that belonged to her.

"Is that so?" He hummed, swallowing the grief. 

"Stop pretending to be so cold and rude. I can see that you are lying."Aine closed her eyes, her chin was trembling. "You know I love you. I know, you love me. . .  so please don't do this with me and with yourself. Let's not make each other suffer.'' Aine's body was trembling by the vast emotions clashing under her chest, it was uncontrollable. The numbness was slowly creating a never-ending void inside her.

"I've never loved you.''Jungkook lied between his teeth, he wanted to calm the roaring emotions barreling in his nerves as his heart rocked back and forth. 

Aine raised her head at him, their gazes collided with an intense crash almost knocking Jungkook off guard, the mocking look in her eyes crippled him, gutted him wholly. What was the point of lying? She knew everything, she could strip his all desires and she could read his eyes, so what was the freaking point here to spat those lies that tasted so dull in his mouth.

"Fine, I'm lying." Jungkook flickered his gaze on the ground, his blood rushed to his ears. He just wanted to walk out, because at any moment he would run to her, grab her frame to hide her in his arms and it wasn't on the to-do list.

"I know." Aine nodded. "You are just hurting me, I don't know if you are just liking this idea or something." Her voice abandoned in a hushed whisper, the pain was evident as she inhaled some air to calm herself down. "Do you enjoy ridiculing my feelings?" She spat, her outrage twirled in her tongue.  

"I'm just asking you to do one thing goddamn it!" The veins around his neck tightened, as he ruffled his hair in sheer frustration.  

"Don't raise your voice." Aine winched, an alarming sensation clawing her throat as her lip wobbled.

"Then listen to what I am saying, stop being so adamant about something that won't lead you anywhere." Jungkook lowered his voice, he didn't like to intimidate her like this. Jungkook wasn't liking the way she was trembling and gazing at him with teary eyes, it was smashing him open completely. "Stop being so selfish." Before Jungkook could realize what he spouted out it was too late, his words had already fled through his clenched teeth to work as a whip over her spine.