Ch. 6

Y/N's POV:

I saw Ariana blush at my comment about holding her hand. Wait, is she feeling nervous as well? I started to push those thoughts out of my head. However, they came flooding back, when she started moving her face closer to mine. I feel my heart rate speed up and I don't know what to do. She's hurting and I refuse to be someone's rebound, yet I also kinda want her to kiss me.

She finally stops when our lips are only inches apart.

"I-Is this okay?" She asks.

I'm at a loss for words. I want to say yes, but I also have a bad feeling about it. I push my worry's away and decide to finally just nod. When I do she seems a little surprised by my response, but then begins to move even closer until our lips are so close that I can feel her breath on my skin.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

I don't respond, instead I just move forward, connecting our lips. My heart feels like it's going to explode. Her lips are so soft and I can't help but tighten my grip on her waist to deepen the kiss just a little.

We pull apart after a couple seconds and I'm sure my face is just as red as hers.

"Shit I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that" she says panicking and turning her face away from me.

"Ariana, it's okay....as long as you meant it and it's not you trying to get over Pete..."

She quickly spins her head back around to face me.

"I would never!" She says still red in the face, but now also looking somewhat annoyed and disappointed that I would accuse her of such a thing.

Ariana's POV:

"It's just that you're hurting Ariana, and I refuse to let myself be played with and I don't want you to do anything you don't want too or might regret" She says.

Why would she even think that I would do that to her. I made the choice to kiss her, and trust me I don't regret it. I still can't stop blushing and the feeling of her lips have yet to leave mine. However, now I'm mad that she thinks I would just play or use her to get over Pete.

"If that's what you think then you can just leave!" I tell her.

"Ariana I-"

"Just go Y/n" I tell her and I can feel tears starting to form in my eyes again for the third or fourth time today.

"Okay, if that's what you want" she says and I can hear the sadness in her voice.

I watch as she leaves and when the door closes, I break down.

Y/N's POV:

"She kissed you!?"

After I left Ariana's, I needed to vent to Laura. Plus, she already guessed why I have been hanging out with her a lot.

"No we kissed each other" I tell her while looking for my favorite shirt and shorts to wear to bed.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that Ariana Grande and you kissed! That's huge!"

"Laura don't get your hopes up, it won't be happening again..." I tell her, thinking back to the conversation Ariana and I had before I left.

"Girl I'm sick of your attitude, you need to get laid" Laura says as she takes a seat on the edge of my bed.

"You know I'm not like that. And you know my past, that's why it's so hard for me to let people in...."

"I know, I know, but you can't throw this out the window. If she kissed you, it must be because she likes you, I don't think she would use you to get back at Pete or anything. However, if you're that worried then why not just talk with her about the whole thing tomorrow when we get to work?" Laura says.

She has a point, if Ariana had wanted to use me then she would of tried it sooner. I mean yeah we've only known each other for like a week, but we have grown very close in that short amount of time.

"I don't know, maybe I will, however that's if I can even get her to listen to me. She was pretty upset and mad when I left tonight."

"I'm sure she will have cooled off by tomorrow Y/n." Laura tells me.

"Your probably right, so can we go to bed now?"

"Yes please, it's almost 2am and we need to get up in less then 4 hours" Laura says, before she gives me a quick hug and heads for the door of my room.

"It will all turn out okay Y/n, I can feel it" She says before leaving me alone in my room to sleep.

I really hope so, otherwise I might not be able to recover this time....

To Be Continued...