Ch. 11

-A Friday-

Ariana's POV:

I'm on my way to an interview, the first since I broke up with Pete. I didn't want to go, but Scooter told me that I needed too. I haven't said anything about our break up yet and it's still kind of a hard topic for me. I wish Y/n could have came with me, but she's busy helping Laura buy clothes for a date she's going on or something.

I still have about an hour ride, so I decide to message Y/n.

Ariana: Hey, hows the shopping going?

It was a few minutes before she responded.

Boo 😍: Eh, she's being really picky... like she has so many clothes already that would look great on her.

Ariana: I still wish you could have come with me :(

Boo 😍: I know and I'm sorry, but Laura asked me to help her with this like a week ago.

Ariana: But your dating me! Shouldn't I get priority! 😒

Boo 😍: Ariana stop being selfish. We're gonna hangout later remember?

Ariana: I know...Sorry I'm just really nervous about this interview. 😥

Boo 😍: It will be okay. Stay strong! You need to tell your side of the story, and it's better that you tell it now rather than later. 😊

Ariana: Thank you for helping me calm down 🖤

Boo 😍: No problem. I gtg now, Laura has more clothes to try on.🙄 I'll see you in a few hours! 🥰

Ariana: Okay ttyl! 😚

I put my phone away and looked out the window to see that we had just arrived. Well here goes nothing....

-During The Interview-

"So, Ariana, everyone wants to know what the deal is with you and Pete? Why is he hanging out and holding hands with another women? Did you guys have a fight? Are you even still engaged? what's going on?"

The last question hit me hard. I really did love Pete, and was over the moon when he proposed. But now any thought of him, especially getting married, just makes me upset. However, I just need to push through this stupid thing and then I will be free of the media for awhile.

"Well it's simple, I found out that he was cheating on me and decided to break off the engagement." I reply.

"So you had no idea that Pete was going out with this mystery woman?"

"No not at all. He actually decided to come clean and tell me 3 weeks ago. I was so devastated and hurt that I didn't have it in me to talk with the public. However, I'm doing much better now, my friends and family have really helped me through this and I'm very grateful to have them." I tell the man.

"Well we appreciate you coming out here and speaking with us. I promise we only have a few more questions and then we'll get out of your hair"

I nod and he continues onto the next question.

The rest of the interview went by quickly and now I happily find myself knocking on Y/n's front door to her apartment.

"ONE MINUTEEEE" I hear Laura yell.

A few seconds later, the door flies open.

"David I told you I'd be down in-oh, hi Ariana. Sorry, I thought you were my date." She says.

"Nope shes mine"

Laura turns around and I look behind her to see Y/n in some sweat pants and a tank top.

"Real cheesy Y/n, anyway I have to go, I'll see y'all later. Don't have too much fun" Laura says, giving a wink to Y/n, and she just rolls her eyes.

Y/n's POV:

"Sorry about her, again. She's always thinking sexually, well not always but ya know what I mean."

Ariana nods, then walks into my apartment and takes off her high heeled boots. She instantly loses like 2 inches in height once there off.

"How was the interview?"

"It was okay. I'm just kinda a little depressed now. Talking about Pete just reminded me of how happy I was before it all went south." She says.

"Well you're here now and I know exactly how to help cheer you up"

"A kiss?" She says smiling slightly.

"Well that too, but also finishing our Harry Potter marathon." I see her eyes light up from my words and she nods her head yes.

I pull her to me and give her a passionate kiss and then a few more quick pecks before we head over to the living room.

I put in the last movie we stopped at and join Ariana on the couch. She quickly cuddles my side and puts her head in the crook of my neck.

"Thank you" she says.

"For what?" I ask.

"You always calm my nerves. I don't know how but you do."

I kiss her forehead and she smiles up at me. I begin slowly playing with her hair and not long after I hear tiny snores coming from her. That interview really took a lot out of her, so I didn't expect her to stay up long after she got here. I smile at her, then lean down and whisper in her ear.

"Sweet dreams darling"

To Be Continued...