Ch. 48

Don't forget to vote! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

It's New Years Eve and we were suppose to have a show tonight, however the venue called late last night and said that they learned about some wiring issues and would have to reschedule. Many of Ariana's fans were disappointed, but most were understanding. Especially, when they found out that there tickets would still be usable for the rescheduled show in about a month or two.

On the other hand, Ariana was probably the most upset out of everyone. She hates letting down her fans, and even though she's done everything she can to make it up to them, I can still tell she's upset about the whole thing.

"Hey, stop fretting. Your fans still love you, and understand why you had to reschedule." I tell her, as she continues to sit on my lap at the kitchen table on our bus.

"I know. I just-"

"Hate letting them down? I know babygirl. But you've done everything you can." I tell her, and kiss the side of her cheek.

"God, how do you always make me feel so calm?" She asks, while playing with my hand.

"I don't know, but the feelings mutual haha"

"Stoppp you know I hate it when you make me blush" she says, playfully slapping my arm and cuddling closer into my front.

"Really? I don't recall." I joke. And we both erupt into laughter.

Amongst our loud laughing, I hear the bus doors open and someone quickly make there way inside.

"YASSS PARTY TIMEEEE!!!" Laura screams, as she jumps onto the bus, and begins dancing.

Both Ariana and I jump in our seats, frightened by the sudden sound.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I shout at Laura, who's obviously oblivious to our presence.

She quickly stops dancing and her face turns kind of pale, when her eyes meet mine.

"Shit, I didn't know you were in here" she says.

"What?"

"Um you heard me wrong. I said it's pooping time! Definetly not party time." she says, trying to cover up her accidental blab.

"Mhm is that right?" I ask.

She shakes her head up and down, and I can already see the sweat beginning to form on her brow.

"Well, it's actually great that you so happened to turn up. Because, Ariana and I are gonna head out and spend the day together at the mall. Maybe hit up the movie theater and a fancy Resturant for dinner." I lie.

"What! No!-I mean that's so cute! Do you uh think you'll be out late?" Laura asks nervously.

"I'm not sure. You wanted to go clothes shopping too right baby?" I ask Ariana.

She looks at me confused, knowing perfectly well we don't have plans to go to the mall or anything else but sit around all day. I roll my eyes and give her a quick wink, hopeful that she'll understand what I'm up too. Luckily, that seems to have done the trick and her face practically changes to an "ohhh" expression.

"Yeah, that's right. And I can take forever when it comes to shopping for new clothes." she says, winking back at me.

"Oh" Laura replies, her face turning kinda sad.

"Why you ask? Is there something we should know about or be here for later?" I ask her, knowing all too well that she'll cave and tell me what I wanna know.

She looks around the bus for support, but quickly frowns in defeat when she sees no one else around.

"Okay fine. You win. The rest of the crew and I are planning to have a big New Years party later tonight. It was supposed to be a surprise. You know, to help get Ariana out her funk from having to reschedule tonight's show, and to celebrate the start of a new year." Laura says.

"Awe you guys didn't have to throw me a surprise party!" Ariana says.

Laura quickly smiles, but goes back to frowning when she looks back at me.

"And uh, who made the mistake of telling you about this surprise party?" I ask her.

"Scott did..." she says.

I shake my head. I thought I warned Scott and the others to not involve Laura in anything secretive. But maybe I told Brian twice instead of him and Scott. It's hard to tell those too apart every now and again. I mean they are identical twins.

"I'm sorry Ariana. I ruined your surprise party." Laura says.

"It's okay, I prefer knowing about these type of things anyway. I mean, remember the last surprise party you and the others planned?" Ariana says.

"Yeah, You almost made Y/n go home" she says grinning at the thought.

"Hey! I told you it wasn't a good idea! But no, everyone wanted to surprise her."

"Calm down Y/n. In the end, I was glad you convinced me to open my apartment door. Otherwise, I was planning on giving you the silent treatment for like the next three days." Ariana says laughing at the end, making Laura join in too.

"I can just leave you know?" I tell them, pretending to be hurt.

"Nooo, baby please don't leave! I was only picking." Ariana says, turning in my lap, so that she can see my face.

"Yeah Y/n she was only joking." Laura says pitching in.

I glare at Laura, letting her know that she's not off the hook for failing to keep yet again another secret, and she instantly stops laughing.

"I know you are love. But Laura, you really need to work on keeping things that people want a secret, actually a secret."

"Yeah, yeah." She says and rolls her eyes.

I shake my head again and Ariana laughs and gives my lips a quick peck.

"Sooo, will you guys come to the party?" She asks.

"Of course. We wouldn't miss it for the world" Ariana says.

"Sweet! I'll let the others know that it's still a go! Scotts gonna be so mad when I tell him I told you. But I can deal with him. It's Brian who you wanna stay clear of angering." She says, whispering the last part for no reason, even though we're the only ones around.

"You do you" I tell her.

She gives Ariana and I two thumbs up, before running off of the bus, screaming it's party time over and over again.

"How are you guys such close friends again?" Ariana asks.

"You know. I ask myself that same question all the time." I tell her.

"Really?" She says.

"Nooo, not really." I tell her.

She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Wellll, maybe sometimes" I tell her, with a straight face.

However, we both quickly end up laughing, just as were before Laura came running onto the bus.

To Be Continued...