Ch. 44

Ariana's POV:

I was barely able to keep it together while performing. I refused to talk with anyone, once the show ended and made a beeline for my room.

I hate that I told Y/n we should take a break. I don't want that!? I just want her to stop being so worried about something that is never gonna happen.

*knock-knock*

"Who is it?" I yell.

"It's Ricky. I'm just wondering if you're okay? You seemed kinda down while performing tonight." He says.

I walk over and open my dressing room door and let him in. Probably not the best choice at the time, but I do need to talk with him.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"Y/n and I are on a break"

"Oh Ari I'm sorry" he says, rubbing my back.

"Thanks"

We may have been lovers at one time, but now I see Ricky as a close friend, who is there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on.

"Do you mind if I ask why?" He asks.

"Um...it's actually...because of you..." I tell him.

"Me?" He says in a confused tone.

"Y/n thinks your still in love with me. I told her we're just good friends now and that we don't feel that way about each other anymore. But she refused to listen."

I feel Ricky remove his hand from my back and I look at him. His face shows a hint of doubt, that he's clearly trying to hide.

"Y-You don't still love me..Right?" I ask him.

He tilts his head farther down towards the ground to where I can't see his face anymore.

"Ricky?"

His body tenses up at my voice.

"Ricky!"

"Yes okay! Yes!" He shouts.

An emotion of pure shock feels like it's fallen on top of me. I can't believe I never saw it before.

"B-But you said you-"

"I lied." He says.

We're both quiet for a few seconds.

"But so what? Yeah I still love you. It doesn't change anything." He says.

"What do you mean?! Of course it changes things!"

"I don't see why-"

"Ricky! We can't be hanging out like this if you still have feelings for me! I have a girlfriend!" I shout.

"Ariana, when are you gonna stop lying to yourself?"

"What?!" I ask.

"Oh come on, I know you still have feelings for me too. Why else would you come crying to me after you broke up with Pete? And when I came to your rescue you realized that us breaking up was wrong. However, instead of accepting that, you're trying to push what is supposed to be away, by dating a girl!" He says.

What in the hell is he going on about?!

"Ricky what the hell have you been smoking?! I don't like you like that anymore! And frankly, I'm starting to wonder how I ever did!"

"Come on Ariana, just let me back in. I know you want too." He says taking ahold of my hands, completely ignoring what I had just said.