Ch. 23

Please don't forget to Vote & Follow if you are enjoying my book!

-The Day Before Thanksgiving-

Y/n's POV:

"Babe you have plenty of clothing, will you please stop." Ariana says.

I'm literally so nervous to spend Thanksgiving with her family. I've never done anything like this in any of my past relationships. I was either too closed off or their family didn't accept that we were dating.

"I know, I know, I'm just nervous okay"

"That's perfectly normal, but I promise you that there's nothing to be worried about. My brother can't wait to meet you, my Grandmother is excited and won't stop asking me questions, and my mother already said that she approves of us dating." She says.

"Yeah but that was over the phone, they're gonna be actually meeting me Ariana. What if they thought they were okay with everything, but then after they meet me they change their minds!" I tell her, while looking down at my now overly packed suite case.

"Baby look at me" She takes her hand and places it under my chin, forcing me to look at her.

"It's gonna be fine. I wouldn't have asked you if I knew they wouldn't approve. Now can you stop fretting and finish getting ready, so we can get to the airport on time?"

I nod and she smiles, then kisses my lips.

"Perfect, now please take out like half of the clothing you shoved in your suit case." She says.

"But what if I need it?!"

"Y/n!" She shouts sternly.

"Okay, okay."

-Outside The Plane-

Ariana's POV:

"Are you sure it's safe for us to take a plane? Can't we just drive there?"

We've finally made it to the airport, barely on time, and now that we're about to board our private jet, Y/n is freaking out again. I didn't realize she would be this nervous, I mean I figured she's done this before, being that I'm not the first one she's dated. But after some more arguing this morning about my family's thoughts of her, she told me that this is all new territory for her.

"Baby we can't drive, it would take too long. Please just get on the plane. I promise I'll be by your side the whole flight." I tell her.

"O-Okay" She says and gets inside and sits down in the seat next to me.

"Thank you"

God, at this rate I'll be tired before we're even halfway through the flight.

"Are you sure it's safe?" She asks again.

"Yes baby"

I take her hand in mine and rub the back of it with my thumb. She calmed down a little, but was instantly brought back to her frightened state, once the plane started to take off. She held my hand so tight, that I was worried it might break. However, after we leveled out and could move freely, she calmed back down.

"Babe do you wanna lie with me on the couch? Maybe you can try and take a nap?" I ask her.

"I guess so, but will it be okay to do that?" She says, trying to not worry as much.

"Yes baby, it'll be fine, here give me your hand."

She quickly listens and I pull her with me over and onto the couch. I have her lay down and rest her head on my lap.

"Now please try and get some sleep" I plead.

She snuggles up closer in my lap, and I grab a blanket from the back of the couch and drape it across her body. She hums in reply and I kiss her forehead. For awhile her body remained stiff, but as I threaded my hand through her hair, she slowly began to relax. Not long after, I hear tiny snores coming from Y/n.

I take my phone out and check the time. It's only been about an 30minutes and we still have at least another hour. So, I play on my phone and answer some tweets, until I begin to see familiar city below us. Our pilot comes on over the intercom and says that we'll be landing in about 20 minutes. I look down at Y/n and she's still fast asleep in my lap. I smile and then get an idea. I pull my phone back out and open my camera. I take a picture of her and have to give it my everything to hold in my giggling.

I got my picture of you now Y/n.

We land and Y/n jolts awake as the tires of the plane hit the ground. I hold onto her shoulders, so that she doesn't fall, until the plane slows down enough that it stops shaking.

"Sleep well?" I ask her.

"Yeah...Thank you for putting up with my annoying ass" She says.

"Baby it okay, I understand." I tell her and kiss her forehead.

We gather our stuff and get off the plane. We're quickly brought to a black suv and we get in. Thankfully there was no paparazzi yet.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. I have my head resting on Y/n's right shoulder and our hands are intertwined.

"I was awake you know?" She's says, out of no where.

"What?" I remove my head from her shoulder and look at her confused.

"When you took a picture of me. I was awake." She says, still looking out the window.

I feel my cheeks heat up and I know my face is probably a little red.

"I don't mind though, I mean you said you were gonna get me back for the one I took of you. So, now we're even."

She's finally turned her head to look at me and her smile melts my soul. I lean in and kiss her and she smiles largely against my lips before pulling away.

"I just hope you got a good one, because you won't get that opportunity again for a long time haha." She tells me.

"Oh I did, it was great, perfect even"

And with that we remained quiet for the rest of our ride.

To Be Continued...