Ch. 36

Been able to do a lot of writing the past few days, so decided to post today!

Please Vote & Follow if you're enjoying! Sometimes I post things on my wall about the book!

Also let me know if you have a favorite line or part! 🖤

Ariana's POV:

Okay I know everyone has told me not to worry, but now I'm really getting anxious because Y/n has been acting weird and distant the past few days. Every time I've tried having more than a five minute conversation with her, she makes up some dumb excuse to get away from me. I'm sick of it and I am going to find out why she's avoiding me.

It's the last show before our Christmas break, and I've just finished soundcheck. Normally, Y/n is waiting on the sidelines for me, even while she's been distant. However, today I've only seen her when we all had breakfast together. I know I'm probably just overreacting as usual, I just wish she would tell me what's bugging her.

I finally reach my personal room and when I open the door, I'm surprised to see Y/n sitting on a couch.

"Hey, can we talk?" She asks.

Those words are never a good thing...

Y/n's POV:

It's taken me over four days to make a decision. Sadly, my change in behavior has definitely not gone unnoticed by my girlfriend. I suck at hiding things and she's really good at telling when somethings wrong. And from the expression on her face after I told her we needed to talk, tells me she's thinking the worst.

"O-Okay" She says in a worried tone.

"Before you freak out anymore than you need too, it's not about our relationship. So, you can relax."

I see her body become a little less tense at my words.

"Then what do you want to talk about?" She asks.

Might as well just get straight into it before I chicken out.

"Christmas"

"What about it?" She says.

"What do you plan to do?"

"Well spend it with my family and you obviously, what else would I do?" She asks.

"What if I wanted you to spend it with only me?"

"Y/n I love you, but I'm not gonna spend Christmas with just you." She says.

"No no no, I meant-ahh. I meant with me and my family."

Her facial expression changes to a little surprised and her cheeks form a slight blush.

"A-Are you asking me to come with you to spend Christmas with your family?" She asks.

It takes me a second to speak, because I'm so nervous that she'll say no or that I'll regret inviting her.

"Y-Yeah" I tell her.

Her cheeks become even more flushed and a large smile forms on her face.

"YES!" She shouts.

"Wait really?"

"Y/n I would love nothing more than to come with you and spend Christmas with your family! I never thought you would let me meet them so soon! Shit! Now I have to go shopping and buy them gifts too! What is your family like? What should I get them?! Oh god I don't-"

"Baby calm down! Jeez you don't need to get them anything." I tell her.

She gasps, leaving her mouth wide open.

"I am not spending Christmas with your family and not getting them something! Plus, I'm meeting them for the first time!!" She says moving her hands around in exaggeration.

"Ari come here." I pat my lap and she walks over and sits on me, all while still fretting. I wrap my arms around her waist and hold her close.

"Y/n?"

"Mmm?" I hum.

"You're being serious right?" She asks.

"Babe why would I joke about this?"

"I-I don't know. It's just, you've opened up so much and so fast in the past month, that I just worry I guess." She says leaning back into me.

"Well maybe I'm tired of always hiding in fear. I mean, I have you so what's there to be afraid of, right?"

She turns a little in my lap so that she can see my face. She leans down and connects our lips in a soft kiss.

"I love you." She says.

"Stop you're gonna make me blush."

"I think it's too late for that haha" she says poking my cheeks.

"What will you tell your family?" I ask her.

"That you surprised me and want to take me to spend the holiday with your family. Simple as that. They know how much you mean to me and I'm sure we can have a belated family Christmas after we get back." She tells me.

I peck her lips again, but this time with more passion and we make out for a few minutes before her make up artist knocks on her door, telling us it's time to get ready for the show.

"I'll pick you up the day after tomorrow at your apartment around 11am okay?"

"Okay-Oh what should I pack?" She asks.

"Well my family lives in California."

"Oh then I know what to pack." She says.

"Good and if you really want to get my family something, I'll go with you after the show to pick something out. How does that sound?"

"Sounds perfect to me" She says with a toothy smile.

"Stop being so cute or I won't be able to make myself leave and get ready!"

"I wouldn't mind your company" she says confidently.

I roll my eyes then give her one last quick kiss before leaving her room and heading to mine.

I can't believe I asked her to come with me. I don't know whether to cry tears of joy or barf from anxiety....or maybe both?

To Be Continued...