How my life was going to change

Another day had reached and the routine repeated.
I left my house and jumped into a taxi. I stopped off in front of a huge building. It was very lavish from the outside so just imagine the inside. On the sign wrote big and bold, "MALHOTRA CONSTRUCTIONS." I kind of felt intimidated by it.
I entered and walked up to the receptionist. I smiled and she seemed very cool as she was talking to a guy. He wore a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. The receptionist noticed me and smile. "Hello, how can I help you?" she asked me. "Actually I am here for an interview for the post of the interior designer." The guy turned to me and said, "Hi, my name is Akash Malhotra, please come this way, I will be interviewing you." He seem very nice. He led me to an office and sat opposite me. I guessed it was his and after reading the nameplate, I was assured that it was his, The General Manager.
"Nice office," I said trying not to feel nervous. "Thanks," he replied, "And you don't have to feel nervous, I'm nothing like other interviewers. Don't worry, I won't make you any more nervous. Shall we start?" I nodded. He asked me questions which I have been answeting everyday for the past month. I think I did well enough. After the interview was over, he escorted me out of the office and back to the lobby area. "We will call and inform you if you get the job. Thanks for coming," he said. I smiled and left.
As soon as I entered the house, my mother asked, "How was it?" "Good," I replied. "You know Maa? The young man who interviewed me was so cool. I mean, he didn't make me feel any nervousness. He told me I would get a call if I get the job. But I'm tired, I'm going to rest a little. If you need anything just tell me."
Later that night, as I was about to lie down on my bed, my phone rang. Without checking the called ID, I picked up and casually spoke,"Hello.." The person on the other line spoke," Hello? Miss Urvashi Sharma?" I replied, "Speaking, who is this?" "Hi, this Akash Malhotra, from Malhotra Constructions," he said. I sat up on my bed and said, "Oh hello sir, tell me." He said, "I just wanted to inform you that you got the job!" I was shocked and overjoyed. Or even that would be an understatement as to how I was feeling. I jumped out of the bed and said trying my best to not scream, "Thank you sir! Thank you so much!" "You're welcome. You have to come tomorrow to sign the contract and we will give you some briefings on the project. And yes, we will give you a tour of the office. And yes, one more thing, please try and reach to the office at sharp 7 a.m." he said. "WHAT? 7 AM?" I literally shouted. Immediately, I realised and apologized, "I'm sorry sir, actually no problem, I will reach for 7." "Great! See you tomorrow then. Good night," he said and hang up. Running out of my room, I screamed in joy, "Maa! I got the job!" She smiled hugged me saying, "Congratulations my princess." I broke the hug and looked at her with my happiness knowing no bounds. "I have to go and sleep now because they want me to reach at 7 in the morning and you know very well what I time I wake up so I am going to bed. If I don't wake up tomorrow in time, please you come and wake me up," I said. She smiled and cupped my face nodding. I ran back to my room overjoyed that finally I got a job. Finally I could help my mother financially. I went to sleep smiling and anxiously awaiting the next day.
The next morning, my mother came and woke me up around half 5. She spoke sweetly to me,"Urvi, princess, wake up or else you will get late." Hearing her, I jerked up and asked, "What's the time?" She giggled and said, "Don't worry, you aren't late." I got up and went to the bathroom. When I came out, my mother had taken out my clothes and placed it on the bed. I smiled and got changed. I applied some eyeliner and a light pink lipstick. I puffed some powder on my face and place a bindi between my eyebrows. My mother came into the room with a tiffin.
"Oh Maa! Why did you take the trouble to make tiffin and all?" I asked. "It is never a trouble for a mother to do something for her child," she replied and her words always hit the right target, my heart.
I took her blessings and was about to leave when she stopped me and said, "Pay your respects to God on the way. Don't pass the temple straight." "OK maa," I replied and left the house. On my way, I listened to my mother and stopped by the temple. It was very early and no one was there yet. I removed my slipper and went up to the idol. I folded my hands and prayed, "God, you know everything, there is no need to tell you of anything. I want to ask what I always ask for. Please keep my family happy. My mother has done everything possible to keep us happy.  She never asked for anything for herself. I am asking for her. Please always protect her and keep her happy." I bowed and left the temple. I got into a taxi and went to my new workplace, the head office of Malhotra Constructions.
I checked my watch and it was 6:45 am. Great 15 minutes early. Not bad. Nice start. I entered and this time noticing more closely the interior design of the company's lobby, I must say that whoever designed it, I'm jealous. It was perfect. The marble floors, the teak furnitures and furnishings. All the paintings imported from Italy. I mean I must know right? After all this is what I also do.
Then a voice came from behind me, quite familiar though. "Good morning Miss Urvashi." I turned to see a smiling face. Mr. Akash stood there. "Good morning sir," I replied with a huge smile. "Ready to work?" he asked. "Ready as ever sir," I replied. "Good! Come I'll show you around." We began walking around the office with him having the lead and I following. He seemed like a very fun person. He made me feel as if I was working there for years and not only my first day.
After touring for a good while, we went back to his office. He told me that the MD wasn't there at the moment so he was supposed to brief me on the project and let me sign the contract.
He told me that their company was hired to build a new hotel on the side of Mumbai Beach. He gave me the details and asked if I would like to interior design the entire hotel. I nodded and he took out a file. And handed it to me. "Here's your contract read it thoroughly and then if you agree to all the terms and conditions, sign it," he said. I read properly through the contract and then signed it. It stated that while working for their company, I cannot accept any other offers, that the contract will last until the project is completely and I will have to give 2 weeks notice upon completion of the project. I didn't think they were so bad.
Akash sir spoke, "Now the rules of Malhotra Constructions. Firstly, you cannot arrive late to work at any costs, the boss hates late comers. Secondly, if there are any concerns about anything, you cannot go to the boss to complain. Thirdly, you cannot ask the boss any questions not relating to work. Foruthly, if ever the boss shows you attitude or ask you to get a job done, you are to do it without any questions. Lastly, just stay away from any mistakes especially in front of the boss else the concequences....trust me won't be nice."
I was shocked to hear these kind of rules. What kind of arrogant person is this? Is he a stone or what? Whatever, I came here to do my work and I will only do that. What do I have to do with the boss? And in any case, who wants to be around someone so arrogant and rude.
What the hell am I even saying? This company is so going to upset my daily routine. It is so going to change my life.
____________________________
HI guys... back again. Hope you enjoyed my update. More coming up for you in a while.