Sacha Mehra

The next day.

Urvi's P.O.V.

I woke up with dried up tears in my eyes. My mother came and like every morning, she sat next to me and caressed my head. I smiled and woke up. "Get up my princess!" she said. I replied her with a sweet good morning. As she was about to get up, I held back her hand and she sat back down. "You aren't angry with me from yesterday?" I asked. She smiled at me and shook her head side to side. I smiled. I changed into my suit and went outside to eat. I had my breakfast quietly and left for work. I really didn't want yesterday to repeat again. I jumped into a taxi and reached early to work. I entered my cabin. I saw all the designs I made yesterday. I looked at the 12 coffee mugs on my desk. I had never in my life drank a many cups of coffee.
I settled in my chair. I re-checked all the designs. Sneha then entered my cabin and was happy to see me early. "Thank God Urvi ma'am! You're early!" she said. She then sat opposite me and began asking me about what time I reached home last night. I lied to her that I had finished my work earlier than I thought so I was home by 7:30 pm. It's not that I wanted to lie to her but I don't know why. Soon after, I got a call from Tina saying to report to the conference hall. I picked up my designs and went. I entered and saw that Mr. Singhania was there along with the devil. My blood boiled to see him after thinking of how he made me make my mother so worried yesterday. I controlled the urge to just walk up to him and slap him hard. "Good morning, sir," I said to both of them. Yash sir just nodded at me and Mr. Singhania smiled and told me back good morning. I sat opposite Yash sir and did not dare look at him. We began discussing the project. I showed Mr. Singhania the designs I made the night before. "I'm impressed! What designs! What a designer! Very well done young lady!" Mr. Singhania said proudly. He approved all the designs. He looked at me and asked me what was the matter. He said that I was looking very tired and weary. He asked me if I didn't get any sleep at all last night. I looked at Yash sir. He was looking amused seeing me so. I told Mr. Singhania, "No sir, it's nothing of that sort." He shook my hand and left the hall with Yash sir.
I went back to my cabin. I sat down and buried my head in my hands on my desk. I was so tired. I heard my cabin door open and I raised my head. I rolled my eyes seeing the person in front of me. "How nice of you! Can you please teach me to roll my eyes like that so I can do it every time I see you?" he said sarcastically. He then continued, " I don't think I have to tell you what you must do when the boss enters the office." he said. I looked at him confused. "Stand up!" he demanded. I obeyed. However, as soon as I stood up, I felt so dizzy, I almost fell down back. For a while he gave a shocked expression and then like he realized something and fixed back his neutral face. He then quietly left from there. I sat down. I drank some water. I turned on my computer and forced myself to begin to design more rooms. I didn't even realize when lunch came. Sneha came into my cabin with her tiffin and invited me to the staff's eating area. I took up my tiffin and went with her. We ate together with Tina and some other employees. It was real fun. Then we talked about a half hour about general things and lunch was over. I went back to my cabin. I saw a bundle of files lying on my desk with a sticky note on it.

"I want you to go through all these files and make some changes to them! The designs must be prefect or else the exact same thing will happen like yesterday!"

Can the day get any worse? Urgh! I cursed him under my breath. Akash sir came in my cabin with a file and handed me it. He told me that it was some samples and their prices of cloth for the drapes and I was supposed to choose and give it to the head of the accounting department. I then sat down and began to make modifications to the designs. However I must say that the designs were really good. I couldn't understand why he would want to make changes to them. But yes! How can I forget? He doesn't appreciate the hard work of other people. I groaned. How worst can this man get? I complete the task and called Sneha. "Go and give these files to Yash sir, please." She took them and left. I leaned back on my chair. The clock struck 6:00 pm. Finally, time to go home. I took my belongings and was about to leave. I turned around and twisted my foot. I was about to fall and shutting my eyes tight, I felt a strong pair of hands holding me. I opened my eyes to see my savior. I was shocked to see Yash sir. He helped me in standing back up properly. "Thanks sir," I said. He, without replying, walked away. What is he really made of? I wondered.
Today he didn't really bother me either. How surprising! Alas the day didn't go that bad as yesterday.