Missing him

Urvi's P.O.V.

The next few days went exactly the same. Yash had even started coming home and meeting Maa. She was becoming very fond of him. However, I still didn't want to tell her about my serious feelings for him or that we were in a relationship or even that we wanted to marry each other. In front of Maa, he would still call me Miss Sharma and I would call him Yash sir. It felt strange. I was lost in these thoughts as I sat and looked at Yash working in my tent at the site. After noticing me, he asked, "Why are you staring at me like that?" I smiled and replied, "I just can't seem to believe everything that is happening." He looked at me confused and asked, "What's happening?" Not wanting to explain anything, I said, "Nothing." He continued with his work diligently. I was feeling bored. After a few seconds, I got up and was about to leave when Yash stopped me asking, "Where are you going?" I replied without turning around, "I'm going outside for some fresh air." He was quiet and I left. I went to an empty spot where there was no construction taking place and stood taking some deep breaths. Suddenly, from behind, someone came and placed their hand on my shoulder. Guessing it was Yash, I smiled and said without turning around, "Missing me already?" I turned around and was surprised to see Prateek. "Who is supposed to be missing you?" He asked. I didn't know how to answer. To avoid his question, I began to speak, "Hi! Sorry I didn't know it was you behind me. I thought it was someone else. Forget all that, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while." I smiled while talking to him as I did with everyone else nowadays. "I'm here to meet with Yash for work," he said. "How is your mother going?" He asked further. "She's ok. Everyone is doing great," I said. "And the lucky guy? How is he?" Prateek asked in a bit of a mischievous tone. I bent my head and blushed while saying, "He's good too." While we were talking, Yash came up to us. He looked a bit annoyed. Seems like he was stressed. 

Prateek went back with Yash inside the tent and I went inside the building. After working about a half hour or so, I noticed Yash and Prateek leaving the tent. Yash escorted Prateek to the car. After sitting in the car, Prateek drove off and Yash turned and approached me, "Why didn't Prateek tell me bye before going?" I asked. "He was in a rush," Yash said. I understand. "Shall we go?" Yash asked. "Where?" I asked. "Well that's a suprise," he replied. "I'll get my stuff," I said smiling. Before we left, I gave Sneha all the instructions what to do and how to do it. I know she will manage very well. I left with Yash. He drove for about half an hour. I got worried and asked, "How long will it take to reach? We also have to go back to the site after lunch." Without turning his head to me and concentrating on the road, he said, "We aren't going back." "What?!" I exclaimed. "Yash, I need to go back! We have to finish this project in time!" I said feeling tensed. "I know you want to spend time with me but we also have to do our work. Please, let's go back," I requested. He looked like he was getting annoyed. I know he must be getting angry that I am talking like this but we can't neglect our work just to spend time all the time. He stopped the car. Turning back, he began to speed the car. Angrily, he was taking his anger out on the car. I was afraid. "Yash! Please slow down," I said. He halted the car and angrily got out. He looked frustrated. I got out and went to stand by him. He ran his fingers through his hair. He turned to me and held my shoulders tightly saying angry and frustrated, "What is your problem? Why don't you want to spend time with me? When I told you that we were going out, you were so happy! And when we are going, you want to go back! What do you want? That I not spend time with you?" I had tears in my eyes. I maybe can't even imagine how much I must have hurted him. "Yash, I know I have hurt you. But please understand that we can't go so far. We have to concentrate on our work as well. We have our entire lives ahead of us. Please understand," I pleaded. 

"Do you want that we only concentrate on our work?" Yash asked. I nodded without thinking. I thought that he must have understand and without wanting to change his mind, I agreed. He went and sat inside the car without saying a word again. He still looked angry. I followed. He drove back to the site without saying anything the entire drive. When we reached, he told me to get out of the car. I did and as soon as I did, he drove off. He wasn't going to remain? I frowned and felt hurt. With a very heavy heart, I went inside my tent and sat down feeling awful. What's wrong with me? He just wants to spend some time with me. Why did I do that? I feel terrible! I need to talk to him. I picked up the phone and dialled his number. I hesitated and then pressed the call button. Placing it to my ear, I waited. "The number that you are trying to call is currently switched off. Please try again later," I heard as response from the voice mail. He switched off his phone? He must be very upset. I couldn't take it anymore. I have to meet him. I'm feeling suffocated like this. I took up back my bag and informed Sneha that I might not return to work that day and she assured me that she would handle everything there. I quickly rushed out and went to the head office. Yash wasn't there. I roamed around the town a few times looking everywhere and calling him continuously but no response. His phone was still switched off. Then it came to me, I called Akash sir and he told me that Yash was at home. I felt stupid. I looked everywhere from him but why didn't it come to me that he could be at home. I quickly hopped into a taxi and left. I went to Yash's house and called him once more. He still didn't on his phone. I went up to the gate and asked permission to meet Yash. After much convincing the security guard, he allowed me. While walking in, I noticed Yash in his garden sitting on a swing. He looked lost.