Daadi's Arrival

Yash's P.O.V.

While dancing in each other's arms, Urvashi suddenly stepped back. I looked at her surprised. She looked around tensed and I looked at her. Was she alright? She turned around and left. The lights came back on the the music volume lowered. I looked around and saw Mom and Sacha looking at me shocked and Akash, Ranvir, Sadhna and Ragini smiling at me. I walked away feeling awkward. I went to the terrace to be alone and I looked at the open sky. Suddenly, I heard someone sobbing softly. I walked closer to the sound and saw Urvashi sitting by the pool on the terrace crying. "How can you do this to me? You claimed that you loved me and couldn't even trust me? Someone showed you two pictures and you believed that I cheated on you? I have never been disloyal to you Yash. I have never been. But you? You have broken me in such a way, that I can never believe in anyone ever again. I am scared to believe and trust anyone. I am afraid to love anyone. You have made me like this Yash! You have! If I had not seen those pictures with my own eyes, I would have never known why you misunderstood me so much. And I would have never known how much you love Sacha," she said to herself crying. My heart hurted seeing her like this. But I was confused at her last words. What did she mean that she would have never known how much I love Sacha? Is Sacha behind all of this? I left from the terrace and went back to the party. I looked around and saw Sacha standing it Mom and talking. I walked up to her and holding her hand, I said, "I need to talk to you." I pulled her away and carried her to my room. "What did you say to Urvashi?" I asked her. Looking at me confused, she asked, "What are you talking about?" "You showed Urvashi's those pictures, didn't you?" I asked gritting my teeth. "Hold on! What are you talking about? What pictures?" She asked. "The pictures that you sent me of Urvashi and Prateek!" I said. "Wait Yash, I didn't show her any pictures," she said. "She is telling the truth," I heard from behind me.

I turned around and saw Urvashi standing at my door. "She didn't show me the pictures. I saw them for myself," she said. I looked at Sacha who had a nasty smirk on her face. Walking inside my room, Urvashi said, "When I went to my room to get ready, I saw your phone on the ground and when I took it up, I saw you had a new message from Sacha. By mistake, my finger touched on the notification and your chat opened up. I didn't want to but I saw the picture with me....correction, the fake picture with me and Prateek together. But I am thankful because if I didn't open your chat, I wouldn't have seen with my own eyes, what you think of me." She spoke with disgust saying her last sentence. "Urvashi, I..." I started off but she stopped me saying, "You don't need to explain yourself Yash. I am not asking for any explanation." "But atleast let me," I said but she stopped me again saying, "No Yash. I told you, I don't need an explanation." She turned around and left me with Sacha and the regret that I couldn't explain myself to her. Sadhna came into my room and told me, "Mom is calling you two downstairs. The media wants to interview Yash and they are waiting for some special confession." I looked at her confused and said, "Confession?" She nodded. What madness! I walked out of the room, leaving Sacha there. Walking back to the party, I began thinking about what confession was the media talking about. I reached back and Mom called me on the stage. The media was clicking my pictures and everyone was clapping. "Mr. Malhotra, we have come to known that there is a new special addition to your family?" One reporter asked. I looked at him confused while another asked, "Is it true that you are no longer a bachelor? And you have married?" I looked at all of them dumbstruck. Mom came and placed her hand on my shoulder. Patting my back a bit, she said smiling, "Answer them son." I looked at the reporters and at the back of everyone, stood Urvashi with tears in her eyes. I wanted to stand next to her badly but Mom held onto my hand.

The media reporters asked, "Mr. Malhotra, can you please, officially introduce us to your wife?" I looked at Urvashi, ignoring all of them. "Here I am, Yash's wife!" I heard. I turned around and saw Sacha standing at the bottom of the stairs smiling happily. I looked at her shocked. She walked onto the stage and held onto my hand. Looking back at Urvashi, she looked beyond hurt. Her tears flowed from her eyes profusely and she turned around and left the party. I whispered to Sacha, "What are you doing?" Smiling to the camera, she said, "I will explain everything to you. Just look on and smile." I got infuriated. What the hell is wrong with she? I am not going to let the world believe that she is my wife because she is not! And neither can she be! Shrugging her hands off of me, I said to the media, "That is enough questions. Please leave now. We would like some privacy." I gave a signal to Ranvir telling him to put the reporters out. He began escorting them outside while some of them was still asking questions and clicking our pictures. I looked at all the guests at the party and said to them, "Party is over! Please leave now!" They all walked out whispering to each other. They all must be thinking that we are a mad family but I don't care. Once everyone left, I held Sacha's hand and pushed her away from me. She stumbled back a bit and was about to fall when someone caught hold of her. Looking at the person, I was taken aback a bit. She was my paternal grandmother. My Daadi. She looked at me shocked and asked, "Is this how you treat your wife?" I was unable to believe that she was standing in front of me. She had gone on a trip, visiting various pilgrimages in the country and I wasn't expecting her back so quickly. I walked up to her and was about to touch her feet and pay my respects when she stepped back not allowing me to. Sadhna and Ragini quickly covered their heads with their dupattas as my grandmother was very orthodox. Even my Mom had no say in front of her.