Perfect match

Urvi's P.O.V.

I began to feel uncomfortable when Sarita was talking about Yash. She still didn't know what he did to me. Perhaps she noticed my discomfort and switched the question, "Ok forget that now, tell me, what kind of guy do you like?" I smiled at her and said softly, "Who ever you and Anand choose for me, I would be happy with him." She asked, "But don't you want any special qualities in your future husband?" I shook my head in a no. She was quiet for a second and then asked, "How do you like Prateek?" I was surprised. Prateek? I didn't know how I should respond. "He is an awesome guy," I said. She smiled and said, "Do you remember what he said that day when he came home?" I thought for a while and actually remembered. "He said that he would always be there for you. And to be honest, just by the look in his eyes, we knew that he loves you very dearly," she said. I was shocked on that last part of her statement. He loved me? She rested her hand on my shoulder and said, "Please think very good about him and then tell us your decision." She got up and went outside.

Sarita's P.O.V.

I got up and went to Anand. "Did you talk to her?" He asked. I nodded. "What did she say?" He asked. "I told her about Prateek but I also gave her some time to think about him. She looked surprised when I said that Prateek loved her," I said. He hugged me and said, "Don't worry, everything would be fine." I found peace him his arms. After about a hour or so, Urvi came out of her room and said to us, "I'm ready to marry Prateek. Whenever you deem it right, you can go and talk to his family about the alliance." Anand and I were over ecstatic about her wedding. We stood up overjoyed and rushed to hug her. "We will go tomorrow itself and meet them," I said happily.

Urvi's P.O.V.

They were right. I have to fulfil the promise that I gave to Maa. I promised her that I would marry and settle down. When I broke the news to them, I knew by the look on their faces that I did the right thing. I took some deep breaths and said to myself, "I am not going to sit here and think about Yash. Yes, I admit that we had our time. But that was only a dream I was living in and dreams don't always come true. I have to and I will move on. Prateek is a wonderful guy and I know that he will keep me happy. And by marrying him, I would tell that Yash, that he has no effect on me anymore." I was drop dead determine that I would marry Prateek. I went and sat on the stairs. Thinking about Maa, I looked up to the sky and said, "I'm doing this for you. I am going to fulfil my promise. Afterall, I made the promise to you. How can I break it? I love you Maa. I am only sad for one thing, that you didn't see me as a bride." My eyes welled up and I wiped them out. "So, you are still crying for me?" I heard. I looked in front of me and saw Yash standing with a smile. "All the tears you gave me has already been shed. These precious ones aren't for you," I said to him. "So this means, they are for someone else?" He asked. I was silent. "Aww, you found another rich guy so fast? But he didn't fall in your trap?" He said. "Why did you come here?" I asked. "I was passing by, I saw you crying so I came to make you cry a little bit more," he said. "Too bad Yash Malhotra. I don't have tears for you anymore," I said. His fists clenched and his facial muscles tightened. He was beginning to get annoyed and I was feeling better. "I will make you cry for the rest of your life Urvashi Sharma! You deceived me! You deceived Yash Malhotra! You won't get away so easy!" He said angrily. I stood up and asked, "Don't you dare talk about deceit Yash. I didn't deceive you, it's you that played with me for this entire time." He pointed his finger at me and was about so say something when a lady from my colony came and pushed him slightly. He lost his balanced and began to fall forward. I quickly held him as he held onto my shoulders to not fall. He raised his head and looked at me in my eyes. He looked hurt. But why? He quickly pulled away and turned around and walked away.

I went back inside, confused as to why he looked hurt and why did he say that I deceived him? He must have gone mad. Don't he remember what he did to me? My thoughts were gone when I saw Sarita and Anand talking about tomorrow. They were so excited about fixing my alliance with Prateek. I felt some peace in seeing them happy. Since Maa had died, I haven't seen them, especially Sarita so happy. She came and hugged. She smiled and said, "Do you remember when we were kids? We always talked about our marriage. Mine has passed and now it's yours. You will be marrying! I'm so excited." I rubbed her back and she broke the hug. "Enough of your sisters love. Pay attention here too for a while," Anand said. We both giggled and looked at him pouting. "We will cook Urvi's favourite food for dinner," Anand said. They went to the kitchen and got to work. I went and sat on the couch as they won't let me do anything in the kitchen. I flipped through the newspaper and read a few job vacancies. I took a marker and circled some that I might just give an interview for. After doing that, I read a few articles in the paper and then flung it aside. I turned on the TV and began switching the channels not knowing what to watch. I turned it off and took my phone. I went on Facebook and Instagram and just scrolled through. This was so boring! After some time, I heard Anand and Sarita say simultaneously, "Dinner is served." I looked at them as they had their chef hats and aprons on. I giggled and shook my head. These two are just impossible. I went and sat at turned the table. They both served me in a five star restaurant style. I smiled and looked at them. Tasting the food, they looked at me waiting for an answer as to how it is. I decided to tease them. I twisted my mouth a bit and their smiled slowly turned upside down. I felt amused. "What kind of food is this? Taste it and see for yourself," I said. They quickly tasted the food and looked at me confused. "What's wrong with it?" Sarita asked. "I didn't say anything was wrong with it. Don't know what you guys were thinking," I said like I didn't do anything. They rolled their eyes and sat down. We ate together and both of them just couldn't stop about tomorrow.