I forgive you

Yash's P.O.V.

I drove to Prateek's house and went to his door. Gathering all the courage I had, I rang the doorbell. I waited a while and there was no response. I rang the bell again and heard from inside, "Wait! I am coming!" Prateek's mother opened the door and looked at me stunned. "Hi aunty. Is Prateek here?" I asked. She gave me a stern look and was about to close the door but I held it back saying desperately, "Please aunty. I really need to meet him." "Who is it Mom?" Prateek asked coming to the door. When he saw me, he looked disappointed. "Come Mom, let's go inside," he said and was about to shut the door but I held it back again. I gave a desperately look and said, "I'm sorry." He stopped and looked at me silently. "I am sorry Prateek. I know that it might be impossible for you to forgive me and forget what I have done to you but I am still apologizing. We have been best friends since childhood and I gave you the biggest deceit in your life. I am sorry and thank you. Thank you for saving Urvashi and bringing her back home," I said. They both looked at me silently. I turned around and walked away. "Yash!" Prateek called out. I stopped and looked at him. He came up to me and left me stunned when he hugged me. "Why did you take so long to apologize?" he asked. I slowly hugged him back. I was overjoyed and relieved at the same time. He broke the hug and said, "I have been waiting so long for you Yash. I forgive you." I smiled and had tears of joy in my eyes. "Want to come in for something to eat or drink?" he asked. "No. Not today. I have to go. But I will come some other day," I said. I turned around and was about to leave again when he stopped me saying, "Yash." He came up to me and whispered, "Don't leave Urvashi. If you do, you will regret it. She is made for you. Otherwise, can anyone else in the world that can make The Yash Malhotra apologize, smile or cry?!" I smiled and got my answer. I knew what I had to do. I sat in my car and went home.

Urvi's P.O.V.

I felt someone holding my hand and unconsciously, I said, "Yash..." "I am not Yash Urvi. I am Anand," Anand said. I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed. I looked around the room and didn't find Yash. Does this mean that he wasn't coming back to me? Is he leaving me? I felt heartbroken. "What's wrong?" Anand asked me. I shook my head and lied, "Nothing." He began to stare at me with narrowed eyes. I felt awkward. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. "Our Urvi is lost somewhere in this Urvashi," he said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Our Urvi never lied to this brother of hers," he said. I lowered my eyes. "There is nothing like that," I said. He held my hand and said, "Listen Urvi, I know that you hate Yash and don't want to live with him but..." I cut him off and asked confused, "Who said I don't love him?" He looked at me with a small smile and asked, "Then why did you divorce him?" I looked at him shocked and asked, "How did you know?" "Yash told us everything whatever happened from the time he took you from here," he said. I looked at him silently. "If we can forgive him, then why can't you? Why don't you want to stay with him," he asked. "Who said that I don't want to stay with him. It is he that doesn't want to live with me," I said annoyed. "Do you know why?" he asked. "Perhaps his ego got hurt that a woman divorced him," I said. "No Urvi. His ego wasn't hurt. The truth is that he can't face you after what he thinks he has done," he said. I looked at him confused and asked, "What are you talking about?" "He thinks that because of him, you couldn't reach Mom in time with her medicines to save her. He is blaming himself for Mom's death. And with this guilt, he isn't being able to face you. He's too ashamed to face you," he said. I developed tears in my eyes. "But how do you know all this?" I asked. "He told us," he said. "Is he here?" I asked. He nodded. "Why don't you go and have a look inside your cupboard?" he said to me. I got up slowly and went closer to my cupboard. I opened it and saw some of Yash's clothes inside. I turned around confused and Anand came and stood in front of me. He lowered his eyes and said, "There is another reason also why Yash did all of this." 

I looked at him silently. "That day when he brought you home, I met him outside and told him off. I said all sorts of horrible things to him. I said that he doesn't have to be with you. And that we are capable enough to take care of you. Perhaps, he took those words very seriously and made this decision," he said. I looked at him shocked. "How could you? Do you even know how hurt he must have felt when he heard this?" I said shocked. "I'm sorry," he apologized. My vision began to blur and I felt dizzy. I was about to fall when someone held me in the nick of time. I looked at my savior and it was Yash! He held my weak body and carried me back to the bed. He made me sit down and said annoyed, "Who told you to get up?" I felt so happy to see him. "Where were you?" I asked. He turned around and brought back a tray with a bowl on it. "I was making this soup for you," he said. I looked at him surprised. "So does this mean that..." I said but he cut me off saying annoyed, "Shh...first, have the soup. You can have this interrogation session later." He slowly began to feed me the soup.