Softening up

Urvi's P.O.V.

After everyone left and went to their room, I laid down and began thinking of what did I do so wrong to Yash. Why is he treating me like this? I stared at the roof and then decided to go and check on him. He had drunk so much of alcohol that he might not take care of himself. I got up and walked to his room. Entering, I saw him laying on the couch with his eyes closed. He must have fallen asleep. I stood and looked at him. He looked like a little child. "What did I do so wrong to you Yash?" I asked his sleeping self. I took the blanket from his bed and covered him. I lastly took out his shoes and was about to run my hand through his hair when I stopped. I didn't want to wake him so I left the room and closed the door. I went back to my room and found Yash's mom there. She looked at me disappointed and I stood with my eyes lowered in front of her. "When you came into Yash's life, I knew from then you were completely wrong for him. And now, you have proven my thoughts to be right in every way. You are not made for him. You can never be perfect for him. And I have the solution for that," she said. She took out a document and said giving it to me, "Read it carefully and sign it." I took the papers and read the heading. It read, 'DIVORCE AGREEMENT.' I looked at her shocked. "Why are you looking at me like this? This was bound to happen some day," she said. My eyes began to fill with tears. "I want your answer by the morning. Sign the papers and be free from here, or don't sign it and suffer your entire life with us," she said. Her words made sense in a way but I can't do this. She walked pass me and before she left the room, I turned around and said, "I will sign these papers on one condition." She stopped and looked at me. "I will only sign these papers after I see Yash sign them," I said. She looked at me shocked and I knew immediately that this was her plan to get me out of his life. My Yash would never divorce me. He didn't love me anymore but he will never agree to sign those papers. I gave them back to her and she left the room annoyed. I wiped my tears and laid on the trunk. I couldn't sleep so I decided to go outside a bit. I opened the front door and walked out of the house. While walking in the garden, I saw the same swing which I once saw Yash on when he had gotten angry with me. I went and sat on it and slowly rocked myself. The cold was biting. It was freezing and for warmth, I rubbed my hands together. The cold felt nice too. The swing was wide and so, I laid there and while the swing was moving, I closed my eyes.

Yash's P.O.V.

I woke up with a severe headache. Looking at the time, it was half five. I looked at the blanket on top me and saw my shoes on the ground. Mom must have done all of this. I got up and held my head with the pain. I went to the bathroom and dashed some cold water on my face to reduce the pain and wake me up fully. Walking back into my room, I saw the empty bottle of alcohol on the floor and then remembered what I did yesterday. I recalled what I did with Prateek and Urvashi. I left my room and walked swiftly to Urvashi's room. Walking inside, I looked on the trunk and didn't see her. She must have woken up and gone to bathe. I went to the bathroom and knocked on the door but Janki's voice came from inside. I walked away from there and went to the kitchen. She wasn't there either. Did she run away? I thought. I ran outside the main door and to the gate. The guard came out on seeing me and I asked, "Did Urvashi leave the house yesterday?" "No sir. She is on the swing right now. She came out last night and slept away right there," he said. I turned around and looked to the swing. Urvashi was laying there with her hands hugging her body. The breeze was blowing her hair and she looked like she was peacefully sleeping. I walked up to her slowly and looked at her for a moment or two. She was trembling with the cold. I shook her by her shoulder and said, waking her up, "Hey...hey...wake up. Urvashi?" She didn't stir. I got a bit annoyed. Should I wake her up like I did with the bucket of water? No. I held her shoulder and shook her hard saying, "Wake up!" She jerked up and held her head. She looked at me and twisted her face as if she was in pain. "Why did you sleep here?" I asked her. She looked around with her eyes narrowed and holding her neck, she said, "I came out for some fresh air last night and I slept away right here." I shook my head. She stood up and left to go inside but I held back her hand. She stopped and looked at me. "Did you come in my room last night?" I asked. She stood quiet for a while and then said, "Yes." My grip on her hand loosened and I asked her, "Why?" "Because I knew you wouldn't take care of yourself after you drink so I came to see you," she said.