Twist

Urvi's P.O.V.

The day I have been waiting for in like forever is finally here! Oh my God! I'm so excited. Today is going to be a day for only celebration and happiness. The first celebration is my birthday, second is the success party, third is Yash is coming back and the last and biggest is my engagement announcement by Yash! I got out of the bed jumping with anticipation. Maa came into my room with Sarita and Anand to wish me. "Happy Birthday!" Maa, Sarita and Anand shouted together. I smiled as they came and hugged me. After all the wishes, I finally got up to go and bathe. I went back and saw a new suit on my bed. I knew this was Maa's gift to me. I happily wore it and loved it. Going outside, the house was covered in the aroma of my favourite food. I went to the kitchen and sat on the table. Maa came and served me. The food was absolutely, delicious. Afterall, it was Maa's cooking. After fulling my belly till it couldn't take anymore, I sprawled off onto the couch feeling lazy and restless with this big belly. This was the one day in the year, Maa wouldn't give us any household chores to do and on her birthday we wouldn't let her do anything.

I took up my phone and saw a message from Yash saying, 'Hi my love, wishing you a happy birthday and a hundred more to come. I hope that you are ready for your gift tonight. I just want to say one last thing. I love you❤" I smiled at his message as I kept reading it. My heartbeat began to increase as I kept on reading it. My face began to feel hot as I blushed. "Come on princess, let us go to the temple. You have to thank God for seeing a new year in your life," Maa came to me and said. I willingly got up and we went downstairs. Folding my hands in front of God, I said in my mind, "God, I know that you have given me everything I ask for. I only ask you for one thing, every time. Please keep my mother, my sister and Anand happy and safe. Also, from today, a new member will be joining my family as my fiancé, please keep him happy. Give them everything their heart desires." I bowed down and then we left. "What are your plans for today?" Maa asked. Before I could say anything else, Sarita came and jumped onto me holding my back and saying, "She will be doing absolutely nothing today. I booked her an appointment to go to the beauty salon and she is going to take care of herself today." I looked at her and said, "Oh no! You know I don't like all these things." She looked at me and asked, "Don't forget, you have to go to the party tonight as well. Don't you want to look gorgeous?" I thought that she was right. Yash is going to announce our engagement tonight so I must look my best. I will go and I will get myself pampered. For him. I smiled and said a small ok.

Sarita jumped for joy as if she was going to get pampered there. I smiled and went upstairs for my purse. Both of us sisters went to the salon and Sarita was smiling from ear to ear. I smiled seeing her happy. She held my hand and pulled me to the counter. "Appointment for Sarita and Urvashi," she said. I looked at her surprised. She turned and looked at me saying, "Don't you want your sister to look more beautiful than you?" I smiled and said pulling her cheeks, "That you are smally." We smiled as the lady took us to seats and ordered some others to take care of us. After around two hours, we were finally finished. My back was aching. Sarita looked beautiful and looking at myself in the mirror, I was too. We went to the mall and she bought a beautiful dress for me. "You are wearing this tonight," she ordered. I smiled and agreed. It was very beautiful. After our day out, I went home to get ready for the evening. Sarita sat me down in front of the mirror and did my makeup and hair. I wore the dress that she brought. I wasn't allowed to look at myself after she had finished. Finally, when I got to look at myself, I was completely changed. I didn't even recognise myself. I was looking so pretty.

I walked out off my room fully dressed and as Maa looked at me, she had tears in her eyes. She came and placed a black dot behind my ear so that I would not attract any evil eyes. And you know tonight I'm going to snatch many girls' dream man. I am going to get Yash tonight. I smiled and sat down as Anand went to get a cab for me. In the mean while, my photographer, Sarita had me doing all sorts of poses so that she can snap pictures. Finally, Anand came back and led me downstairs to the cab. I sat down and left. The venue was about one hour from here. I took about an extra half hour because of traffic and reached around 8 o' clock. I got out of the taxi in front of the hotel which was decorated majestically. The entire hotel was completed and ready for inauguration. I walked up the stairs to the lobby and walking in, I was in awe. My mouth was widely opened. I couldn't say a word. I felt so proud. My interior designing was looking so perfect. Sneha came up to me and hugged me saying, "Hi ma'am, you look so beautiful." I smiled hearing her compliment.