Missing each other

Urvi's P.O.V.

I sat at the table with Sarita and Anand and was having dinner but my mind was on Yash. I began to miss him. I remembered last night when he came with the food and how he tricked me to eat. Unknowingly, I started to smile. I was brought out of my dreamland with Sarita snapping her fingers in front of my face. Giving me a smirk, she asked, "Who are you thinking about?" I smiled and shook my head. I got up from the table and said, "I am full. I can't eat anymore. You guys have your dinner. I am going to my room." I walked away and went to my room. The curtains blew with the breeze and the moonlight shone into the room. I stood and looked outside. I just have a feeling that Yash would come back. My eyes didn't move away from the entrance of the colony. He wasn't coming. Sarita came into the room yawning and said, "Do you need anything?" I smiled and shook my head. "Well then, we are going to sleep. If you need anything, we are right here," she said. I nodded. She left and I looked back outside. Yash must be feeling so bad. But he's not at fault. I know that he had a lot of respect for my mother. I heaved a sigh and sat on the window sill sadly. I think I should call him. I went outside and sat on the couch besides the phone. I dialed his number and held the phone to my ear and waited. His phone soon began to ring but it got cut. I was confused. He disconnected my call? I will try again. I called back three times but every time, the same happened. What is wrong with him? I have to try another way. I took a shawl and threw it over me and went downstairs. I left the colony and went to a nearby caller booth. I called him from there and surprisingly, he answered that call. "Yash? What happened? Why aren't you answering my calls?" I asked. "I am doing some important work so I didn't answer," he said. "But you answered this call," I said. "Listen Urvashi, I can't talk right now," he said. "Are you avoiding me?" I asked. "I have to go," he said and hang up the phone without giving me a chance to say anything else. I paid for the call and went back home. "No worries Mr. Malhotra. Tomorrow you have to come back to me in any case. Then I will ask you, what's going on in that mind of yours," I said walking into my room.

Yash's P.O.V.

I sat on the terrace and looked at my phone. Urvashi kept calling me but I didn't answer any one of her calls. Later, she called me from an unknown number. "I'm sorry Urvashi. I can't come back for you. I know you must be confused that I didn't tell you directly to spend the night there but now you will live your life there. Perhaps this is my punishment that I can't live with you. It's time for you to be happy Urvashi. I have given you enough troubles. Not anymore. You will be happy. Without me," I said to myself. I made myself another drink and got up. I looked at the moon and slowly sipped my drink. 

The next morning, I found myself sleeping on the terrace with an empty whiskey bottle by my side. I got up from the ground and held my hurting head. With my blurred vision, I saw a figure coming closer to me. I knew it was a woman from the bright colored sari. I blinked my eyes until my vision became clear and Urvashi was stooping in front of me with a tray in her hand and a bright smile on her face. I looked at her confused. What was she doing here? When did she come? She took the glass from the tray and gave it to me. I was only able to stare at her in awe. I took the glass slowly and she stood up straight. She turned around and started cleaning up the mess which I made last night and said, "You drank alcohol the entire night and slept away right here. Why do you drink so much? Drinking is injurious to health. I hate this alcohol." I also stood up and went behind her. She was so beautiful. I felt as if I was in some enchanted trance. A beautiful trance. She turned around and said, "Now come downstairs for breakfast." She walked away but I held back her hand, stopping her. She turned and looked at me. I went closer to her. "After today, I will never touch alcohol. I promise," I said softly to her. She smiled and cupped my face saying, "You better do." She chuckled and turned around but I held back her hand again and stopped her. I pulled her to me and she came crashing to my chest. I hugged her tightly and slowly, she reciprocated. "I love you," I said. "I know," she said. "Yash!" I heard Daadi calling. I didn't answer and remained silent with Urvashi in my arms with a smile on my face and my eyes closed. "Yash?" Daadi said. I opened my eyes and Urvashi wasn't there. I was in the position of hugging someone but I was actually hugging no one. Daadi came to me and asked confused, "What are you doing?" I realised my position and quickly stood straight. "Nothing Daadi! I was...doing....yoga!" I said avoiding eye contact with her. This was awkward. She looked at me from head to toe and asked, "In your office clothes?" I was again caught. I was dumbfound. "Umm...leave all of this! Tell me, do you have some work with me?" I asked trying to change the topic.