I'm married!

Urvi's P.O.V.

I sat in front of the mirror with Sarita and some other girls dressing me as a bride.

Suddenly, some commotion began to happen downstairs and Sarita ran out of the room. She came back chirping, "He's here! Your groom is here!" She had to go back to welcome him since Maa wasn't here. All of the girls left me and ran downstairs giggling. I knew that I couldn't go outside until the pandit called me. I sat and suddenly, I got a message on my phone saying, "I hope you're ready to get married. I wish you all the best." Yash sent it. I looked at it confused as my eyes welled up. I tried calling him after the message but his phone was switched off. What is going on with him? Why is he doing this? I walked to my window and saw the decorations outside the gateway. The tents was so high, I couldn't see what was going on downstairs and could only see beyond the gate of the colony. Someone opened the room door from behind me and I turned around with a bit of fear thinking it was Yash who came again. I saw Sarita and she looked at me confused and worried. She came up to me asking, "What's wrong? Are you alright?" I nodded and wiped the beads of sweat which started to form on my head. She put me to sit down and kneeled down in front of me. Holding both my hands, she asked, "Are you nervous?" I nodded. She cupped my face and said most lovingly, "Don't be. There is no need to be." She smiled and hugged me. Anand came into the room and we parted. He smiled and said coming up to us, "This is your official last day in this house so why not we capture this moment?" He took out his phone and took a selfie. After saving it, he placed his phone inside his pocket and said, "Come. The pandit is calling you to the alter. The auspicious moment is here." They both stood on both sides of me and led me slowly down the stairs. I looked at Prateek standing in the alter and my feet halted. His entire face was covered with the sehra and he stood looking at me like a king in his wedding attire. Sarita and Anand guided me until I was standing right next to him. After all the exchanging of garlands and walking around the sacred fire seven times for our seven vows, we sat back down.

The pandit gave Prateek a tray with a small jar of sindoor and the sacred chain and the sign of a married woman, the mangalsutra. I closed my eyes tightly thinking of all the moments that I had with Yash. I opened my eyes and looked around and saw no sign of him. All of his threats that he would stop my wedding were all empty afterall. Prateek slowly filled my hair part with the sindoor and tied the chain around my neck. The pandit instructed us to stand and he announced, "The marriage is complete. Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for, Mr. and Mrs. Prateek Sindya! From today onwards, you both are husband and wife. You can take the blessings of the elders." I closed my eyes tightly as he announced this. All of the memories with Yash had to be erased now. I am now married. I am now Mrs. Urvashi Prateek Sindya. Sarita and Anand came and hugged us. Sarita said with mischief in her tone to Prateek, "Now you are a married couple. Atleast remove your sehra now, brother-in-law." All our friends giggled. Prateek raised his hand and untied the sehra from the back of his turban and when it was removed, everyone, especially me, got a huge shock. It was not Prateek! It was YASH! I looked on in disbelief. How?