First Date

Urvi's P.O.V. 

After my breakdown, I went back and sat down next to Maa. She held my hand and lightly squeezed it comforting me. I saw Yash by the projector with Anand. "What's going on Maa? Why have this projector have been set up?" I asked. "I don't know," she said. Anand brought Sarita to sit next to me and Maa and went back to the projector. Standing with Yash, they gave each other a signal and the projector was shown on the big white screen in front everyone. "Friends," Anand said, "I know that Urvi's speech was quite emtional. So I have to cheer up everyone again. I present to you all, Sarita's life!" A video began to play with pictures of Sarita from her childhood to teenage days to her days in London and with Anand, Maa and me. Beautiful music was playing in the background as everyone watched. When did Anand plan all this? After the video was finished, everyone stood and applauded. Sarita ran to Anand and hugged him. After the reception, we went to Anand's house to do the entering ritual of the bride. Maa did their Aarti and she tipped the kalash of rice stepping inside with her right foot. She dipped her feet in the red solution and made her steps inside leaving her footprints behind. She also dipped her hand in a yellow solution and printed her hand on the wall. After she did all that, she sat inside on the couch with Anand. Maa sent me outside to see off the guests. I went and as everyone was leaving, I greeted all of them and thanked them for attending. Last was Akash sir, Sadhna, Tina and Sneha. I hugged them and they left. I went back inside and saw Sarita and Anand playing the postnuptial games. Maa was dropping a ring inside a bowl with white water and they had to find it. After playing three times, Anand found it one time and Sarita the other times.  

After having some fun, I escorted Sarita to her new room and putted her to sit on the bed. "Good luck little sister," I said before leaving. I winked at her and she blushed. While leaving, I bounced into Anand, "Go and meet your bride. You have been waiting so long for this moment when you can meet her, so why are you wasting time?" I smiled mischievously and left. When I reached outside, I saw Maa talking to Yash. Walking up to them, Maa told me to escort Yash to his car. I told her to go and take some rest and she went upstairs. "I'll remain and help you all pack up the chairs," Yash said. "It's ok, there are other people to do that. You must be tired. Go home and rest," I replied. While walking out with him, I asked, "Why did you give me the shoes at the last minute?" I asked. He smiled and said, "I couldn't let you lose to me. And I heard you telling your team that you were not going to play again. I felt bad that you lose because of me so I gave up." I smiled and looking into his eyes, I said, "Thank you. For everything." He told me to go inside before he leaves. I hugged him and went upstairs. Reaching by the door, I turned around and looked at him. Waving at me, he sat inside the car and drove off. I smiled and went to Maa's room. Peeping inside, I saw her sleeping peacefully. I went to my room and changing into something more light and comfortable, I slept away. The next morning, I woke up late. I decided to not go to work today. I called Akash sir and asked for one day more leave. "Yash already told me that you won't be coming to work today. So see you tomorrow. Bye," he replied. I smiled hearing Yash's name. Hanging up the phone, I went downstairs and knocked on Anand's room door. After a while, he opened the door with his hair ruffled and his eyes still half closed. 

"What do you want?" Anand asked. "Sorry, I just came to check on you two," I said. "You checked? Now leave. Let us sleep," he said. "Bye," I said laughing and left. Going back outside, I helped the colony men pack up some chairs and sweeped the colony. There was so much to do. I began to work quickly. Maa came downstairs and said to come and help her upstairs. Going into Sarita's room, I packed all the gifts neatly on the table and began to pack up her things in a suitcase. After cleaning her room, I went outside and began to clean the kitchen. Maa was cooking lunch already. Obviously, it was lunchtime. Sarita came upstairs and she looked so pretty with her wet hair and sindoor. She wore a simple suit with some jewellery and her mangalsutra.
"Where's your husband?" I asked teasingly. "He is getting ready. He'll come in a while," she said blushing. "Oh ho! Blushing and all huh?" I teased. "Maa! Tell her to stop na?" Sarita complained. "Urvi, don't tease her," Maa scolded. I held my ears. She smiled. "What are you cooking Maa?" Sarita asked as I walked off to answer my phone. As usual, without looking, I answered. "You're up? I thought you would sleep the entire day," Yash spoke. I smiled, "I woke up about a half hour ago." He continued, "And what are you doing right now?" "Helping clean the house," I replied. Continuing, I asked, "How about you?" "Sitting in my cabin, drinking coffee and thinking about you," he said. "Well, if you're in your cabin, then do some work," I said. Then I heard a knock on Yash's cabin door. "I'll call you back," he said and hang up. I smiled. I turned around and found Sarita standing behind me. I got frigthened. "Who were you talking to?" Sarita asked. "No one," I said. "So you were holding the phone by your ears and talking to yourself?" she continued sacarstically.