Realising love

Yash's P.O.V.

I left my cabin after a long meeting with Sacha. We had done a lot of work on the architecture of the hotel. I was satisfied. Then I remembered! Urvashi! I asked the peon if anyone came to meet me during the meeting. "Yes sir, Urvashi ma'am came to meet you but I couldn't let her enter. She left," he said. I felt angry at myself for getting so engrossed in my work that I forgot about her. "What happen Yash?" Sacha asked me seeing me worried. "Nothing," I said. "Will you drop me home?" she asked. I had to check on Urvashi. I nodded. We left the office. While driving, Sacha asked me, "Come on Yash, let's go somewhere for dinner tonight?" I couldn't. I had to check Urvashi and I couldn't let Sacha know that. I told her that I would give her a chance and also promised mom. But I can't tonight. Right now, I can't give anyone importance besides Urvashi. She could be in danger. "Sorry Sacha, not tonight. I'm feeling tired. But tomorrow for sure? I promise," I said convincingly. She nodded. I dropped her home and went to Urvashi's house.
I called her and said without waiting for her reply, "Come outside." I hang up and waited for her. She took some time before she came out. She had a shawl wrapped to her body and a coffee cup in her hand. She was slowly walking up to me sipping on it. I saw Anand walking outside behind her. I felt irritated. What was he doing here? How can I forget? He proposed to her by the beach in Goa! Oh shoot, how can I forget him? She reached me. Anand passed straight and went out. I was confused. "Where's Anand going?" I asked her confused. "Maa wanted something by the shop so he's going to get it for her," she replied smiling. "He is really close to your mom?" I asked. She smiled and said, "Yes! Afterall, he is going to be her son-in-law soon." I was shocked. I felt bad. Urvashi is going to marry Anand? I clenched my fists. "By the way, what are you doing here? That too so late?" Urvashi asked. I replied irritated, "When I told you to inform me before you leave the office then why didn't you?" She looked at me surprised for my change in tone. "Sorry sir, but the peon told me that you didn't want any disturbance so I thought," but I intervened saying frustrated, "What? What did you think? Do you even know how worried I got? But no, you only have time to study everything else besides your safety!" She flinched. "Sir, are you ok? What happen?  All of a sudden you have changed your tone?" Urvashi asked me. I didn't want to hurt her anymore because of my strange insecurity of Anand so I wished her good night and left her confused there. I went home angrily. I entered my room and took off my jacket. I flung it on the bed and went to make a drink. I sat down with the glass in my hand thinking about Urvashi and Anand. I was confused as to why I was feeling bad seeing them together. Mom came in and saw me. "Yash? When did you come? How was your day?" she asked sweetly. I felt annoyed and replied, "It was alright!" She turned towards me surprised and came to me. She caressed my head and asked, "What's the matter? Are you alright?" I nodded. "Did you fight with Sacha?" she asked. I was silent. I didn't have courage to tell her the truth as to why I was upset. I shook my head from side to side. She smiled saying, "I understand. Sometimes it's not appropriate to tell your mother everything. But I will tell you something. Son, just keep one thing in mind, Sacha is perfect for you. I know you don't believe in love and marriage but who knows, maybe you might have a changed perception on marriage after spending time with Sacha? I'm not forcing you. I will respect your final decision but all I'm asking for is to give her one chance." I asked, "Mom, is it crazy to feel insecure seeing someone with someone else although you don't feel anything for that person?" She smiled, "You must have something in your heart for that person to feel insecure. Otherwise you will not feel like that for anyone right? If you see anyone with someone else, that doesn't affect you. But that person must be special for you to feel this way for her," she said. I understood her point. "Is there anyone special to you like that?" she asked. I shutted my eyes and saw Urvashi's picture. "Yes!" I said. I immediately opened my eyes on realising what I was doing. She smiled and ruffled my hair leaving me in my room. I began to wonder. Is Urvashi something special for me? No! Can't be. But then why do I feel so? I don't even feel so for Sacha who is perfect for me. When I am supposed to be working things with Sacha, then why am I thinking of Urvashi? But I decided, no more!  I can't love Urvashi! It must just be an attraction! But I have to give Sacha a chance. For mom. I have to stay away from Urvashi.
I called up Sacha. "I'll pick you up in the morning and we will go to work together," I told her. I could sense through her voice that she was blushing. "Okay," she said softly. I hang up. I'm going to make this work with Sacha. Why should I ignore Sacha because of Urvashi who doesn't even think about me maybe? She going to get married to her love. How should it make a difference to me? From tomorrow, all this is going to stop!