My first day at Malhotra Constructions

I had set my alarm clock for half 5. However, when it went off, I literally took it and threw it away. God it was so annoying. Then I realised....WORK! I jumped off my bed, ran into the bathroom, came out to see my clothes on my bed as usual, got ready and ran out of my room.

(Urvashi's clothes)

I saw Maa in the kitchen packing my tiffin

I saw Maa in the kitchen packing my tiffin. "Good morning my queen. Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked hugging her from behind. "I was just coming when your alarm went off," she said, "So finally you got some sense in your little head and bought an alarm clock?" I pouted cutely. She kissed me on my forehead and I left. I stopped by the temple and paid my respects. "God, today is my first day at work. Please be with me. I have to give my best at this place. It is going to make my career either successful or a flop. Please, stay with me. You know, yesterday Mr. Akash told me about the rules and my boss. How can somebody be so arrogant? Don't know how I would make out with a boss this rude? Anyways I'm going or else I would be late," I spoke. I bowed a last time. 
I left the temple and caught a cab. When I reached to the office, I entered and the receptionist looked at me and smiled. "I guess we didn't have a proper introduction as yet Miss Sharma. Hi my name is Tina," she said and forward her hand. I caught hold of it and shook it saying, "Please call me Urvi." "Welcome, Urvi. Come I'll escort you to your cabin," she said. I was surprised.
As I entered the cabin, I looked around impressed. It was simple yet perfect.

(Urvashi's cabin)

(Urvashi's cabin)

I settled in my chair and began to organize my stuff on my table. I took out a small Durga murti and placed it on the corner of my desk. I recalled my mother saying, "If you ever have any problem, just share it with God." After that, it became my motto. I always followed that advice. After some time, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," I said feeling weird for giving someone permission to enter my cabin only because this never happened before. Akash sir walked in. "So, how's the cabin? Any problems?" He asked. "No sir, I don't have any problems at all," I said. "Okay, here's a brief description of what we have to do. And the client is coming to discuss personally with you the details. You have two hours before he reaches," he said handing me a file. I opened it and began scanning it through with my eyes. "Also, the boss..." he started but was interrupted by his ringing phone. He excused himself and left.
I looked at the clock and within a half hour I had read the entire file and had many ideas bursting in my head. I knew exactly what I thought the client would want. I began writing my ideas on paper so that even if they slip from my mind due to nervousness, I have backup. After a hour, I started feeling for a coffee. I was going to the pantry to make myself a coffee when I bounced into someone. He was carrying a file and talking on the phone. "Hey can't you watch where you're going?" I yelled. I looked around the office and saw everyone looking at me in a weird manner. All of them stood in shock with their mouth open. They looked pitiful at me. Why were they looking at me like that? I looked back at the man who bounced into be angrily. How dare he? "Excuse me. I think you owe me an apology. Say sorry right now!" I demanded. He rose one of his eyebrows at me. "Don't look at me so! Say sorry," I said again. He looked at me and without saying anything, he left from there.
What does he think of himself? He is walking around like the boss of the company. Oh God, where have I got myself? The boss was less arrogant! That I have met this one now? He doesn't even know to say sorry.
While talking to myself, I reached the pantry. I made myself a coffee and was going back to the office when I met Akash sir. "Miss Sharma, are you ready for the meeting?" he asked. I looked at my watch. He apologized saying, "I'm sorry, I know I told you they were coming more later but the boss is here and he called for the meeting to be held early. Please report to the conference hall." I didn't mind that the client was coming early because I already had many ideas in my head. I went back to my office. As I entered, I saw a pretty looking girl sitting on one of the chairs by my desk. "May I help you?" I asked. "Actually no, I'm here to help you," she said. I was confused. What did she mean? I guessed after seeing the confusion on my face she replied with with a giggle,"I'm your assistant, Sneha." I smiled at her. She told me a little more about herself.