Confessions

Urvi's P.O.V.

The next day morning, I woke up in a great mood. I don't know why I felt like today was really going to be special. Something was just different about this morning. I got off my bed and went to the kitchen to check Maa. However, when I reached, I remembered that she had to rest her foot. I went to her room and saw Sarita inside. "Maa, don't worry! Everything will be fine with the preparations. Urvi is here, I'm here, Mr. Yash is here, the entire colony is here. Why are you worrying so much? Do you want me to call Urvi?" Sarita was saying. I stood at the door and listened. Maa shook her head frantically and said, "No! Don't call Urvi! Please, she will scold me too much, please don't call her." I smiled. She was so sweet. I entered the room and sat on the bed. "I won't scold you now but if I reach back from work today and see you doing anything, the concequences won't be nice!" I warned her. She folded her hands in front of me and said, "Ok! I won't do anything! Now please go and get ready for work! And please buy something and eat." I smiled and kissed her on her hairline. I ran off to take a shower and change my clothes. I left the house and caught a taxi. While going, I couldn't control my smile. I just couldn't help but to smile today. It felt different. I looked out the window and the breeze of the morning hitted my face and blew my hair. When I reached, I went straight to my cabin and sat down. Sneha came in and gave me a coffee. Observing my facial expression, she said with a smile, "What's the matter ma'am? You seem very happy!" I smiled and said, "Happiness is in the air."
I stood by my cabin's window and looked out. Yash sir entered and quickly walked into his room. He seemed tensed. What happened to him? I decided to check on him. While walking outside, I bounced into Sacha ma'am. 

She looked at me happily. Is she alright? She never look at me with a smile. I think the happiness in the air has affected her as well. "Good morning Miss Sharma!" she chirped. I looked at her confused. "Don't you think that today is something different? It's feeling so nice!" she continued. It had an effect on her too? Wow! "Yes ma'am," I replied and left. I walked away and looking back at her, I bumped into someone else. This time it was Mrs. Kalyani Malhotra. Yash's mother! Oh God! Scared and worried, I said crazily, "Sorry ma'am!" She looked at me from head to toe. I felt intimidated by her stare. She asked me sternly, "Are you the interior designer, Miss Sharma?" I nodded. How did she know me? Well obviously, her son is the boss. "Follow me," she ordered. I'm so gone now from this job! She's going to fire me. Two times I have met her and two times I've bounced into her. Going back to my cabin, she stood and looked at me strictly. "I heard that your sister is getting married in a few days?" she said. "Yes ma'am," I replied. She nodded and said, "And I also heard that Yash is spending every evening after work at your place preparing?" I felt embarrassed and shyly replied, "Yes ma'am." She told me annoyed, "Listen, I know why he is doing all this. And I know why you are doing all this." I looked at her confused and asked, "What do you mean?" "Oh don't play innocent! I know you kind of middleclass girls' mentality very well! First you apply for jobs in huge companies like this! Then whether boss is married or single, old or young, you try to trap him and take away all his money!" she said insultingly. My eyes welled up. How can someone even think like that? I felt broken. "I knew it! If all these were fake, then you would have replied back but you're guilty. That's why when I got to know your truth, you didn't have anything to say in your defence!" I began to cry. 

I began to feel weak. How can she question my character? That too with such a disgusting accusation? "Listen to me very carefully! Stay away from my son! He's very innocent to you kind of people. You come in front him and shed a few tears and blush a little bit and he gets trapped. Don't you even think about doing anything like that! I will ruin you and your entire family," she said threatening. "Why do you think that I will do anything like that?" I asked crying. "Because even Yash knows that you are only playing with his feelings for his money!" She exclaimed. She also played a voice clip of Yash sir saying, "You are right mom, I can't trust Urvashi. I always knew that she wanted something more. But from today on, I will never, ever go around her. I promise that I will do as you say. I will marry Sacha. And no gold digger can come between us." I was shocked hearing Yash's words. I taken aback. Yash thinks that I'm a gold digger? He thinks that I am playing with his feelings for his money? All these thoughts began to come to my mind. I couldn't think straight. Everything began to fade out around me.