Good News

Urvi's P.O.V.

It's been a week since we came back from our honeymoon. Yash had started going back to work and everything was just as before. I came out of the bathroom drying my hair and Yash was laying on the bed with his eyes open. "Good morning," I said with a smile. "Hmm..." he hummed. My eyebrows joined and I turned and looked at him. "What happened to you?" I asked. "Nothing," he said with a frown. I went and sat next to him. Holding his arm, I asked, "What's wrong?" He got up and went to the bathroom without saying anything. I was confused. "What's wrong with him?" I asked myself. I continued to dress. He came outside after his bath and stood in front of the mirror combing his hair. I got up from the bed and went behind him. I hugged him and heaved a sigh. "You seem to be very loving towards this poor soul this morning," he said. "Do I occasionally love you?" I asked with a huge frown. "Ask yourself," he said. "I don't have to ask myself anything. It is you who only occasionally love me," I said stepping back. He turned around and said, "Me? Urvashi, it's you." I folded my arms and said, "Liar! When we were on the honeymoon, you were so romantic. Since we came home, you haven't even looked at me properly." "Urvashi, what are you saying? Since we came from the honeymoon, you never have time for me. It's always everything else that is important for you. Cooking, cleaning, washing, even taking care of Neeti," he complained. I pointed my finger at him and said, "Don't say anything about Neeti! And what are you saying that I don't give you time? Do you have time? Every evening you come home to eat, do some more work, sleep and repeat." "Oh! So it's my fault now right?" he said, "Fine! Then don't talk to me. Besides, I also don't want to talk to you." He was about to walk into the closet when I held back his hand. "Yash, what's wrong? Why are you behaving like this? Why are we fighting?" I asked. He remained silent. I went and stood in front of him. "Ok I'm sorry. Maybe you're right. I will try my best to pay more attention to you from now on," I said sadly.

I looked at him and saw a big smile on his face. Soon, he began laughing out loudly leaving me completely confused. "You should have seen your face!" he exclaimed. I looked at him with narrowed eyes. He held my shoulders and said, "Madam, I was just joking." I looked at him shocked. "This was all..." I said. "A joke!" he said. I felt annoyed and pushed him away. "Do you even know how scared I was? I thought that you were upset with me," I said frowning. He giggled and held me for a hug but I pushed him away. He held me tighter and hugged me forcefully. I punched his chest and hugged him back. "Crazy woman," he whispered. I pulled back asking, "What did you just call me?" He shook his head saying, "Nothing." He hugged me again. A few minutes later, at the dining table, everyone seemed to be in a jolly mood and were having breakfast. Akash finished and got up saying, "I am leaving now." Sadhna followed him and Yash stood up and said, "Wait, we'll leave together." He went to the room and I also followed him. He took up his blazer and was about to put it on when I went behind him and helped it onto his shoulders. He turned around and I buttoned the blazer. "Don't crack such jokes again. I don't like them," I said with a frown. He held my shoulders and said, "I'm sorry. I won't do it ever again." "Why were you so sad this morning?" I asked. "Nothing, there's this American company which I am trying to crack a deal with but nothing seems to be working. I have another meeting with them this afternoon, hopefully something happens otherwise, I will just give up," he said. "You don't sound like my Yash. My Yash will never say that he will give up," I said. I smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "You will surely get the deal now," I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Take care. I'll see you this evening," he said and left. I smiled and made the bed and neatened up the room. After I was finished, I felt a bit dizzy but I handled myself. I maybe were doing too much work. I shook off all my thoughts. I went downstairs and straight to the kitchen. Ragini and Sadhna were there. They were all talking and laughing when I entered the kitchen. "What gossip is going on without me?" I asked.

They smiled at me and Ragini said, "The same old joke. Your special gift for Yash on the honeymoon." I shook my head. "You two are so naughty, I never imagined. Who could have thought that you would give me such a thing, that too, for Yash!" I said. "What did she give you for Yash?" Daadi asked coming into the kitchen. The three of us were dumbfounded. She looked at me and asked, "What did she give you?" I looked at Ragini and Sadhna nervously and then back to Daadi. What do I do now? "Nothing Daadi, I gave Urvashi some shirts for Yash," Ragini said. "Then what's the laughing matter in that?" Daadi asked. We three were silent. Daadi shook her head and said, "Forget it. I am feeling to eat something very special and traditional today so the lunch must be great." We nodded. "And yes, make some kheer also. I have been wanting to eat that for days. Urvashi, you make it," she said. I nodded. She left the kitchen. We began the preparations for the special lunch when Mom came into the kitchen and said, "Whatever you are making today, it shouldn't be too oily. For the past few days, your Daadi has been demanding a lot of traditional oily foods. Do this, make some boiled eggs and provisions along with some salad." Sadhna, Ragini and I looked at each other nervously. Mom left the kitchen. "What are we going to do now? Daadi and Mom have demanded completely different foods for lunch. Which do we make?" Ragini said. "Let's do this, we will make only a little in the foods which Mom said, only enough for her. And we will make Daadi's food for everyone else," Sadhna said. "This is a good idea," I said. "Alright," Ragini said. Ragini took the eggs from the fridge and I chopped up the ingredients for the salad. By mistake, Ragini dropped one of the eggs and I immediately began to feel upset. I ran to the sink and began throwing up. Sadhna and Ragini came to me and rubbed my back. After feeling a bit better, they both forced me to go and rest but I insisted on remaining to help them. They eventually gave in. We made then lunch together and all sat at the table with Mom and Daadi.