Yash's Trial

Urvi's P.O.V.

Yash held me close to his bosom. "You don't know Yash, how much you have hurt me. How I wish I can show you. It's not possible for me to love anymore. Where will I get that love that you want? It's just not possible. And the faster you understand this, the better," I thought to myself. 

Yash's P.O.V.

"I know that it might be hard to fall in love with me again Urvashi. But I promise, this time, I won't hurt you. Just once, Just this once, hold my hand and I promise, I will hold onto it for the rest of my life," I said in my mind while hugging Urvashi. Soon, she pulled away from me and wiped her tears. "I'll go and get dinner for us," I said. "I'm not hungry," she said frowning. "But I am. And besides, when you see me eating, you will feel hungry yourself," I said with a smile, "I'll be back." I left the room and went downstairs. Everyone were at the dining table eating in silence. I took the plate from where I normally sit and filled it with food. As I turned around and was about to leave the table, Sadhna said to me, "Yash, where are you going? Aren't you going to eat with us?" "Urvashi and I will have dinner in our room," I said and rushed back up the stairs. Walking into our room, I saw Urvashi sitting by the open window and lost in some thought while the full moon light came into our room along with the cold breeze. The moonlight on her face and the breeze blowing through her hair made her look like an angel. I smiled and went and sat opposite her. Her head rested on the window sill and her eyes stared at the sky. "What are you looking at?" I asked. "That white ball in the sky," she said without moving her eyes or head. "Isn't it beautiful? But not more than you," I said. "In the world's eyes, it is a beautiful part of creation, but now when I look at it, I only see those huge black stains on it. No one can deny that everything beautiful has some stain on it," she said lost in thought. I smiled and answered back, "But the stains are the real beauty in the moon Urvashi. And you can't deny this fact that despite being stained, it is considered one of the most beautiful creation by God." She remained silent. "Ok come on now, what have you started discussing? The food is getting cold, let's eat," I said. "I said already that I am not hungry," she said sternly. "Please Urvashi, eat something. You have to take your medicines as well," I said. 

She didn't respond or stir. Looks like I have to try something else. I took a deep breath and said loudly and carefree, "Well, suit yourself then. I am very hungry!" I raised the plate to my nose and smelt the food. "Hmm...so delicious. If it smells so good then just imagine the taste," I said to her, "I can't wait anymore. I am digging in. My mouth is watering." I took a morsel of food in my hand and ate it. It was not as good as the food she cooks but I will make do with it for a day or two and after that, she will be the one cooking for me my entire life. I took up another morsel and decided to feed her this one. I began to cough and she looked at me worried. Rubbing my back, she asked worried, "Yash? What's wrong?" "Water," I said. She nodded and quickly left me and went for a glass of water near the bed. I continued with my acting and she came back with the water. She rested one of her palm under my chin raising my head and with the other hand, she fed me the water. She had worry clearly showing in her eyes. After giving me the water, she sat besides me and rubbed my back. "Are you alright?" she asked. I stopped the coughing and looked at her. I winked and her mouth formed an o. I quickly pushed the morsel of food inside her mouth and pressed her lips together with my fingers. "Chew chew," I said. She looked at me annoyed and chewed the food quietly and swallowed it. As she opened her mouth to scold me, I pushed another morsel into her mouth. She looked at me surprised and chewed that too and swallowed. As she opened her mouth again, I raised my hand quickly with another morsel but she managed to catch hold of it, stopping me. "Not anymore Mr. Yash," she said. I held her hand which was holding mine and said, "My mother-in-law once told me that refusing food is insulting it. Do you know? Whenever I went to my mother-in-law's house, she would make sure that I eat before leaving." She bent her head sadly and got up from by the window leaving me there. She went to the bed and took a pillow and then went to the closet. She came back out with a blanket and proceeded to the couch. She made that her bed and laid there.