Shock!

Yash's P.O.V.

That night I got ready and came downstairs. Sacha and her parents had already arrived. I came down the stairs and stopped right there. I turned my head and was looking at them.

 I turned my head and was looking at them

Sacha looked at me and was blushing. I remembered what I did to her in the office today. I don't know what she must thinking. As usual, I kept a straight face. Mom saw me and called me. I walked to their direction and greeted everyone. Sacha's father, Mr. Mehta stood up and shook my hand. "Long time no see young man!" he said. I just nodded and sat down. Sacha came and sat next to me. I diverted my sight to the opposite direction. I couldn't face her right now. We all sat and ate with Mom and Mrs. Mehta gossiping. Mr. Mehta kept asking me about business which I answered. I could feel Sacha glimpsing at me now and then.  

After dinner, we went and all sat down in the hall. Akash, Sadhna, Ranvir and Ragini sat down on the couches along with Sacha. I sat next to Mom and Mr. and Mrs. Mehta sat together. I took out my phone and started messaging Amar telling him that all my appointments and meeting which I cancelled today, I wanted to have them tomorrow itself. After talking about general things for some time, Mom spoke loudly and said that she wanted to make an important announcement. I just kept messaging Amar. She demanded that I listened as it was very important that I do. I placed my phone down and listened. "Yash! You must be wondering why all of a sudden we are all having dinner with Sacha and the Mehta family? It is very important now to tell you. A few days ago, when you were in Goa, Mrs. Mehta came and visited. We talked about some special things," Mom said. I was confused. Why was she telling me all this? Then what she said gave me the shock of my life. "Mrs. Mehta and Mr. Mehta, along with I and your brothers and sisters-in-law thought that you should get married...to Sacha." I was utterly shocked. Or even that would be an understatement. I couldn't think straight.

Everyone was looking at me and waiting for me to say something

Everyone was looking at me and waiting for me to say something. But me! I was dumbstruck. I looked at Sacha and she was blushing profusely. She lowered her eyes. I looked at Mom and saw some hope in her eyes that I would say yes. I couldn't break her heart but I couldn't marry Sacha. I didn't even want to marry. I looked at Sacha's parents. Even they looked excited to know my answer. Looking at Mom, I said with a frown, "Excuse me." Her face dropped. I then looked at Sacha and said, "I want to speak to Sacha once." I saw mom eyes lighten up again with hope. I carried Sacha to the terrace. "What the hell is going on? Sacha? You know very well my views on getting married! You know I don't believe in this nonsense! This love, marriage and all!" I shouted. She looked hurt. I felt bad and told her calmly. "I'm sorry Sacha. I shouldn't have shouted. But please understand. I don't want to get married." She looked at me and smiled. "I can't Yash," she said leaving me confused and she continued, "I don't want to lose this opportunity. Yash, I have loved you like crazy since I got to know you. I know that you don't believe in love and marriage but I do. And I believe that love will come. I have trust in my love. And I know that somewhere in your heart, you love me and just afraid to say. You know? When Mom asked me if I was willing to marry you, I was overjoyed. But I still doubted that you won't give in but in the office, whatever happened today, I was convinced that you really have feelings for me." She saw me getting irritated and said, "Ok Yash, it's ok. If you want time, you can take time. But at least give it a little thought. Maybe you will agree. Just once! One chance." I agreed to give us one chance only because of Mom. I could not disappoint her. I saw some much hope in her eyes that I would agree. And if she thought of something for me, then it must be right. We went back downstairs. Everyone was waiting patiently for us. We told everyone that we wanted some time together and if we find it working out, we will get married.