Avoiding

The next day.

I reached to work late today. I woke up late this morning. I had to rush out the house and in a hurry, I didn't even have breakfast. I really hope that Yash sir wasn't in office as yet. I was sneaking into my cabin when......"Miss Sharma! Come to my cabin!" Yash sir exclaimed. Oh God! Where have I got myself into? I couldn't wake up early? Now I have to face Yash sir. I so wanted to avoid him, now, I will have to talk to him. I went into my cabin and rested my bag down. I sat on my chair. I didn't want to go. I decided also not to go. I will make some excuse. But what? I wondered a while and then I got a mind blowing idea. I went to Tina. "Can you do me a favor?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. "Can you go and tell Amar that I want to see him?" I asked. She agreed. Soon after Amar came into my cabin. "Amar, I have a very busy schedule today, can you please go and inform Yash sir that I will meet him later?" I asked. He agreed and left. I looked through my cabin window and saw him going into Yash sir's office.
I somehow knew that Yash sir would come to my cabin so went to the pantry. I hid there and I was right, he really went to my cabin. He came out back and stopped Sneha and asked, "Where is Miss Sharma?" She looked at him confused and said, "Sir, she was in her cabin a while ago. I don't know where she has gone." He went back to his cabin. I quickly and quietly left the pantry and as I was about to go into my cabin, Sneha stopped me. "Urvi ma'am! Yash sir was looking for you. Shall I tell him that you are in your cabin and he can meet you?" Sneha asked. "No!" I exclaimed abruptly. She looked at me confused. I asked her playing ignorant, "Why was he looking for me?" "He wanted some files with new rooms to check," she said. "Come," I said and entered my cabin. I gave her the file I prepared last night and told her to give Yash sir.
She took it and left. I checked the time and saw it was time for the presentation so I went to the conference hall. I sat in the far corner from Yash sir's chair. He entered the hall with Amar and Akash sir. He took his seat and said to start the presentation. First Sacha ma'am stood up and presented her plan of the architecture of the hotel. She was really good. I listened with all ears but I felt distracted a bit because I felt like Yash sir was staring me down and lost in his own world. I was convinced when Sacha ma'am asked him on his opinion on the design and he didn't answer. She then called him out louder and he was confusely answered, "Huh? Yes, yes, it's good!" He then looked at me and said, "Miss Sharma! Your turn!" I stood up and went to the laptop hooked up to the projector. I injected my pendrive into the laptop and opened up my files.
I started presenting my designs and everyone listened carefully. After my presentation, Sacha ma'am spoke out rudely, "I don't think the client would like this idea of the mixing of modern and ancient designs. He is a modern person and the architecture is also modern. I don't think that this will be fitting. What do you think Yash?" I didn't look at him. "Perfect," he said, "Good job Miss Sharma. Your ideas are brilliant." I still didn't look at him. I took out my pendrive and he stood up. Sacha ma'am was fuming because of Yash sir's compliment. She shot me an angry glare and walked out. He then said turning to me, "Meet me in my cabin." My heart started beating very fast. I became nervous. I had to come up with a new excuse now to avoid him. I was pacing up and down in my cabin. I decided to hide this time from him. I saw him coming to my cabin and hastily, I left without letting him see me. I entered an old room filled with old stuff. It looked like a storeroom. Suddenly I heard Yash sir's voice, "Are you finished running?" I jumped. He caught me! I was trapped. Without looking back, I replied, "No, I wasn't running from you! Why would I run away from you? Why would I be avoiding you?" He came in front of me and turned away. "When did I say that you were running away from ME? Avoiding ME?" he said. I knew he was smirking. I am so stupid! I just sold out myself.
"I...already...to...ld...you...I'm...notttt...running..!" I stammer badly. He held me by my two shoulders and turned me around. I looked down at my feet not being able to look at his capturing eyes. He placed his hand on my chin and raised my head slowly. I still didn't look at him. "Urvashi, look at me!" He said in a low and husky voice. I had tears in my eyes. They fell and wetted my cheeks. He cupped my face and wiped them off slowly with his thumbs. "Why are you doing this? Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" he asked me. I finally looked into his eyes. I felt hurt that I allowed him to get so close to me again. I pushed him away and yelled, "Stay away from me! Please sir! Don't come so close to me! I...I..." I couldn't complete and ran off from there leaving him confused and maybe if I'm not wrong with what I glimpsed in his eyes....hurt.