Kat

Kat POV

"Kat, wake up." Harry says, shaking me. I groan and roll over.

"If you want to have nightmares, be my guest." He says, and I immediatly sit up, scared out of my mind.

"Hey, hey," He says, bringing me into his arms, "Take it easy. It's okay." "Oh God I'm so tired of people telling me that." I mutter, and he says, "Then your getting tired of the truth." I sigh and lay my head on his shoulder. As I do, he lifts my shirt sleeve up. I wince as his fingers gently touch my cuts. 

"Oh Kat..." He whispers, tearing up. See what I mean? I make them cry. I'm a terrible human being.

He kisses me on the forehead and starts rocking me back in forth in his arms. There's something about it when he holds me in his arms. I feel so safe and wanted...

"Are you ok?" He asks me, and I look up at him. I hadn't noticed the tears gathering in my eyes. He wipes them away and I hug him tighter, praying he won't tell me I'm hurting him. He doesn't seem to mind, so I relax a little.

It stays quiet for a while, until I ask quietly, "When did you stop cutting?"

"What?" He asks.

"When did you stop cutting?" I repeat, this time a little louder.

"Oh." He says, "I stopped cutting a few years ago. Just like you're going to be able to say when your older." "I'm not so sure about that..." I say uncertainly.

"I know it." He says.

"I'm glad you think so highly of me." I mutter, and he tilts my chin up so I can look at him.

"Kat," He says, "All of us think the same thing. I KNOW you, and you won't give up." I put my head down, but he lifts it up again saying, "Please believe me." "Trust me," I say, "I'm trying to." I drop my gaze from his own, and he asks, "Are you gonna stay up the rest of the night?" "I'm gonna try to." I say, but then yawn. Perfect timing. Ugh. Harry raises his eyebrows and I sigh. He's right. I'm so tired I can sleep for days. The thought of nightmares scare me though, so I'll do all I can to stay awake.

"Kat," Harry says, "You can't stay up forever." "Unfortounatly." I mutter, and he kisses my cheek.

"Just remember," He says, "Nightmaresaren't real." I keep from rolling my eyes as I think, if only he knew.

I sigh and he says quietly, "You still don't believe me?" I don't answer and he says, "I'll take that as a yes." I look up at him, and kiss him on the cheek. 

"I love you Harry," I say, "But you can't force me to believe something." "Words of wisdom." He says, smiling. I give him a small smile in return, and snuggle closer to him. I yawn again and he says, "Go to sleep. I'm right here. Just remember while you're having a nightmare that I'm holding you in my arms and that when you wake up..." He pauses for a second and looks down at me.

"Just remember that we're all here for you, no matter what you think." He finishes. I nod and fall asleep soon after his little speech. I have to say, it was a pretty good one at that.

Harry POV

*7:00 AM*

I watch Kat as she jerks in her sleep. Her eyebrows furrow and it looks as if she's about to cry. Can her nightmares be that bad? I rub her back and the tension in her body releases immediatly. I smile slightly, glad I can make her feel better. I hope she's remembering what I told her; that I'll be there for her when she wakes up. I'm ready to do anything for her.

Kat POV

*Next Morning*

I groan as I wake up, tired from the nightmare I just had. I know. Weird right? "Hey." A deep british voice says.

"Harry?" I ask, keeping my eyes closed, "Is that you?" "It's me Kat." He says, hugging me tightly. I smile slightly, realizing he kept his promise. He had held me in his arms the whole night.

"Thanks Harry." I say.

"Anytime." He says, "And I mean it. Anytime you need me, I'll be here." "Thanks." I say again, and yawn. I slowly open my eyes, blinking to get accostumed to my surroundings.

"What time is it?" I ask sleepily.

"Eight." Harry answers without looking at the clock. I look closely at him, and see dark lines under his eyes.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" I ask, concerned.

"Don't worry about me." He says.

"Haz," I say sternly, "Tell me."

He finally gives in after my begging and says, "No, I didn't sleep last night." "Because you wanted to be there when if I woke up?" I ask, and he nods. I suddenly feel guilty and give him a huge hug.

"Haz," I say, quietly, "You have no idea how much I love you right now." "Same here." He whispers, and returns my embrace.