I Miss This

Kat POV

*Dream*

"Peter?" I ask, running up to him, "Peter? PETER!!" "Calm down," He says, "I'm ok!" "B-but the last time I saw you you were dead!" I say, starting to cry, "I was so scared and Shirley was saying she was going to hurt everyone I loved and..and..." I pause, and he puts an arm around me. I smile a little, cause he never was one to hug.

"I'm ok Kat," He says, "I promise whatever Shirley said was a lie. I'm here with everone at the orphanage, and doing what I normally do." "Which is?" I ask.

"You know," He says, "Chores." "Is cutting included?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says. We're quiet for a while, and he motions that I follow him to under the willow tree. Gosh, I haven't been under here for a while. I miss it.

"I started cutting." I suddenly say, and he raises an eyebrow.

"You finally took my advice?" He asks, surprised, "I didn't think you would. Besides, that was bad advice. I don't want you to cut." "It's too late," I say, "I do." A silence follows as we just look up at the sky. It reminds me of how it use to be, and I love it. I haven't had quietness for the past months.

"When was the last time you did it?" He asks after a minute or so.

I turn to look at him slightly as I say, "I don't really know. Maybe a week or so." He nods and says, "What made you do it? Did one of those boys harm you or something?" "Um no," I say, "They didn't. I just...I kept thinking about my past." "Oh," He says, "More than usual?" More than usual." I say, comfirming it.

"What made you?" He asks, and I say, "Maybe it was being in a different place. I'm not really sure." He just nods again, and we keep staring up at the sky. I sigh quietly, remembering the hours we would stay up here, just talking. It was pretty perfect.

Wait. Where's Shirley? I glance behind me, waiting for Shirley to pop up any second and ruin this, but she doesnt. I'm surprised. I'm also happy, so I turn back towards the sky.

"I want you to stop cutting." Peter says. I turn towards him. surprised.
"What?" I ask, "But...but you ALWAYS cut!" "Yeah," He says, "I know...but it's ME that's cutting. It's different." "How is that any different?" I ask. He doesn't answer right away, and twirls a peice of grass in between his fingers. I watch him, waiting for an answer.

"It's different," He finally says, "Because it's you that's cutting, not me. I don't want to see you hurtl, it'll hurt me." "Because you hate seeing people hurt." I say, remembering what me and him used to say all the time. He nods, and smiles. I smile too, and say, "I wish I could visit you more often." He nods but stays quiet. I miss this.

*End of dream*

I open my eyes, and the first thing I think of is Peter. Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter. I need to go see Peter.