Y/n: Unaware

The woman threw a sneer over her shoulder.

"Are you a villain? Cause I can call the cops on you, you know."

"No, I'm far from it." He pushed from the wall and faced the woman. "I just need as much information as possible."
The woman spun around on her foot, red mist surrounding her fists.

"A hero?" He was taken aback.

"No," she replied, "Far from it. I don't know why you're looking for the kid, but it looks like you're not going to give me an answer. That's hella suspicious." The man sighed and looked up at the sky.

"It's a cloudy night," he said, "Do you really want to fight now, in such beautiful weather?" The woman's eyes narrowed.

"If it means keeping you away from children, then yes, I do." The woman lunged.

~
You and Jakurou finished evacuating the civilians away from Gang Orca and his underlings. She changed back and helped place the people down on the ground when you deactivated your quirk.

"I wanna fight," you said, throwing glances to the side where Gang Orca was.

"Don't be stupid," she said, "There are two students in a bout right now. If you get in the middle of it, you'll only get hurt."

"You saying I'm weak?"

"I'm saying you're stupid and impulsive and don't think about consequences." She glared at you. Something about that glare sent a pang through your chest, but you shook it off and ignored it.

"Tch..." You crossed your arms. A loud bell went off after that, signaling the end of the test.

"Um, at this moment, all of the HUC who were deployed have been rescued from the danger zone. It may seem arbitrary, but with this, all the provisional licensing exam procedures have been completed."

"Already?" Jakurou sighed. "And I was beginning to hope I was going to fight. How disappointing."

"About time. I better pass."

"After we tally the scores, we will announce the results here. Those who were injured should go to the infirmary. The rest of you should change and then stand by."

"I guess we should go get changed," Jakurou said with a smile. "Let's go."

~
You and her were both huddled together near the group of students. Mera was standing in front of you at a podium with a large screen behind him.

"Okay... everyone, thanks for all your hard work," he said, "Now I will announce the results. But before that, I will tell you about the scoring system." Jakurou placed a hand on your shoulder and leaned her head close to yours.

"Be careful," she whispered, "There's a new person who's invited himself into this game. Never stop looking over your shoulder."

"What the hell are you talking about?" You whispered back, looking at her.

"A secret is best kept when only one knows it. Keep that in mind."

"What are you—"
The loud beep managed to draw your attention to the screen. All of the names, listed in syllabus order, was displayed. You easily found your name. You didn't find Jakurou's.

"Huh? Why isn't your—" You turned around to find her gone. Your eyes scanned the entirety of the crowd around you, but you couldn't find the raven-haired girl.

~
Megumi shot out of her seat. Psychotica looked on in wonder at her sudden temper snap.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly. Teeth grinding together, Megumi's eyes looked at the screen.

"I've been set up...!" She strained. At this, Psychotica also stood up.

"Set up? By who?"
She never got an answer because Megumi ran out of the bleachers.

~
Your eyes scanned over the sea of people, trying so desperately to find your newfound friend.

"Awaji."
You snapped around to see a man holding a sheet of paper. You ripped it out of his hands and stared down at it.

'Useless information.'
You got 93 points. You crushed it beneath your hand.

'Meaningless points...' Mera was speaking, but you weren't listening.

'Was that a joke? I've been played like a fool!'
You wished he was done talking. You truly, honestly, whole-heartedly wished he'll stop talking just so you could get your license and leave.

~
The man laid half-conscious on the ground, left eye slashed. The woman stood victorious above him, not even out of breath.

"Stay away from children, mister," she said, huffing.

"Who... are you...?" He strained out, lifting his head. She scoffed, throwing him a patronizing glare.

"As if I'd tell you, ass clown."

"Hey, you done?"
Her head turned at the new voice.

"Jakurou," she greeted, turning to face the younger woman. "It's done?"

"Yes," she nodded, "Y/n has gotten her Provisional Hero License."

"Y/n's... gone that far... huh?" The man muttered, letting his head relax against the pavement.

"What do we do about this one?" Jakurou jerked her head in his direction.

"Leave him there," the woman replied, "He won't do anything."

~
Finally, finally, he got done talking. You left without hesitation, stuffing your hero license into your shirt and leaving. The first thing you decided to do was travel to Fukuoka, abandoning your school and studies. You didn't need to take any transportation. You were visiting someone very close to you. It's not hard to find her. Tracking her scent was easy. She reeks.
The building was run down. An old abandoned office. It hasn't been knocked down because everyone forgot about it.

'She's in there... I know she is...' You took a step forward. Your foot refused to move after that.

'Why...? Why aren't I moving?'
Unbeknownst to you, your frame was trembling.

'Move...! Just get in there, interrogate her, and leave...! It's not that hard!' Like moving through syrup, you forced your legs to step in front of each other until you were inside. The elevators' were out of commission and the stairs were blocked off by pieces of the building.

"It's been a while, Y/n."
That voice curdled your blood. Almost robotically, your head turned. A bed was pressed against floor-to-ceiling windows. The moon's light flooded down onto it, casting a silhouette.

"Mo-... mo-..." The words refused to leave your mouth, stumbling over your tongue.

"Are you here to kill me? To finish me off?" There was amusement in her voice. She was propped up against the headboard. "I'm sure you're wondering." She gestured down at herself.

"Author did this."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}