Y/n: Aware

OHMYGOD I FINISHED THE LAST CHAPTER

IM CRYING

~
"Author did?" You repeated, "She never told me she fought you." She let out a mirthless laugh.

"It was barely a fight. I lost miserably."
You could only see the shadows cast on her face, but you knew she was staring at you. "I lost my quirk." Eyes widening, you took a step forward.

"You lost your quirk? How is that possible? Author never said anything about that!"

"You know nothing of that girl," she warned, "She's been lying to you."

"What...?" You breathed, clenching your hands by your sides. "Author would never lie to me!"

"Are you sure?" She raised her hand and gestured over to another entrance. Footfalls echoed through the building. Megumi broke through the shadows, arms crossed.

"Why are you here?" You got into a fighting stance.

"Tell her," Kamiko ordered. Without so much as a blink, Megumi looked you straight in the eyes and said,

"I killed Author."

Like being dunked in the ocean, your entire body went cold–almost numb. You didn't move. You didn't say anything. You were processing what just came out of her mouth.

"I ordered Megumi to find Author and kill her when you weren't around," Kamiko explained, "I expected it to be a lot harder, but when she came back an hour after, I knew something was up."

"You..." You trailed off. Your eyes burned when tears pricked the corners of your eyes. "You...!" Jaw clenching repeatedly, everything was beginning to blur and meld into each other.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!"
The side wall of the building was blown out. Megumi now lied in the street, a bright red mark on her cheek where you had punched her.

"Y/n, stop!" Kamiko yelled from her bed. You froze at her scream, ire exploding from deep within you.

"No, you stop!" You turned, tears streaking down your face. "I was left alone for years! I was in prison! I was constantly bullied and harassed for shit that you did!!"

"I was trying to protect you."

"You were trying to protect yourself! You were trying to get revenge for dad's death!! You didn't give a shit about me! You left me! You abandoned me!!" Your voice cracked. Gave away. You no longer had the strength to stand. You fell to your knees.

"I was trying to keep our family together... trying to keep it from falling apart... but still...! It wasn't good enough..."
You looked down at your shaking hands before clenching them. They still shook. "I don't want to be this!"

Kamiko silently removed the sheet from her body, sliding to the edge of it. With quiet, barefoot feet, she walked up to you. Kneeling down to your level, she dropped her head to look at your face.

"Y/n," she said softly—quietly—like she used to. "There are things you need to know. Things I need to tell you."

"What? What more could there possibly be?" You asked, trying to smile. It broke.

"You've gone soft, Kamiko." Megumi reappeared through the hole she went through, hand now a gun. "I'm disappointed." Her expression darkened.