two

Yoongi loved the park— specifically, a bench under a huge flowery tree that blocked the usually harsh rays of the sun. In his opinion, it was the perfect place to take a nap.

He used Kumamon as a pillow as he slept on the bench just about every afternoon after school.

His mom never minded.

His dad never knew.

Because he always came right after school—or rather, homeschool now—the park was usually empty, so his favorite spot was never already taken. It was secluded, anyway, so not many people even knew there was a place to sit—or sleep, in his case—in that part of the park.

Yoongi liked that.

To him, the less social interaction the better.

<3

Yoongi felt a light tap on his shoulder. He shrugged it off, letting sleep wash over him again until he felt another tap on his arm a few moments later, then his forehead.

Upset that he'd been woken up, Yoongi sat up on the bench and snapped, "What do you want?"

Before him was a small, chubby-cheeked boy in a long-sleeved striped shirt and blue jeans, probably Yoongi's height, with his hand outstretched toward Yoongi.

Slowly looking at the boy as he rubbed his eyes, Yoongi wondered why the short boy would wake him up from his nap.

In the outstretched hand was— Yoongi wasn't sure. He had to squint to see, his eyes were still blurry from sleep. Blinking a couple more times, Yoongi looked again to see the boy giving him money.

"I'm not homeless, I'm just tired," Yoongi angrily huffed.

"Oh," the midget mumbled, his chubby cheeks flushing red with embarrassment.

As the boy then proceeded to sit down on the bench with him, Yoongi scowled, "Yah! I'm Min Yoongi, and this is my bench. You can't sit with me."

"I just want to talk to you," the boy pouted.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Why?"

"I don't know, you just look. . . . lonely, I guess," the boy shrugged.

"Good to know, midget boy."

"I'm not a midget, we're probably the same height! Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I'm shorter than you."

"What makes you think I'm older?" Yoongi scowled.

"I don't know, I can just tell. You act like a grandpa," the midget boy said, a hint of a smile on his face.

Yoongi huffed, finding his comment annoying. "For your information, I'm eight. I'll turn nine in March. I bet you're the grandpa here, not me. I'll call you ahjussi instead of midget."

Please be older, please be older, please be—

"I'm seven, Yoongi hyung. Yep, I'm younger so that makes you my hyungie!" the boy sang gleefully.

In defeat, Yoongi muttered, "So, if I can't call you midget or ahjussi, what am I supposed to call you then?"

"I'm Jimin. Park Jimin."