eighteen

sorry for the late update, i published this chapter yesterday but i guess it didn't actually publish??? enjoy :3

<3

Yoongi sighed at the feeling of fingers gently carding through his hair.

It felt nice.

The seven boys were still at Taehyung and Yoongi's house, Yoongi and Jimin sitting on the floor, Taehyung and Jungkook on the couch, and Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jin doing God knows what in the kitchen since there was absolutely no pizza left, only half a jug of old pink lemonade from the fridge and a heck ton of ice remaining.

"We should dye your hair, hyung," Jimin mumbled, loving how soft it felt between his fingers.

Yoongi shrugged at the idea. "Today?"

Taehyung grinned, "Yeah, we should! You guys will have to pick out some dye, though."

"But I don't wanna move!" Yoongi whined.

Chuckling, Jungkook said, "I can tag along if you want, Jimin hyung. You should come too, Taetae. I don't want to third wheel."

Yoongi scowled at his comment, not liking the 'third wheel' part. Why did tricycles exist, then? Besides, they had already established that he and Jimin weren't dating.

As he glanced at his crush, Tae's face fell, a sullen expression replacing his happy one. "Nah, I-I'll just stay here and hang out with Hoseokie hyung."

Taehyung smiled softly at the sunshiny boy, who was chugging pink lemonade in the kitchen as if they were shots. A wide grin overtook Hoseok's face as he triumphantly held the plastic cup in the air, Namjoon and Jin clapping to humor him.

"O-oh. Maybe I should just stay with you, then?" Jungkook frowned.

Shaking his head, Taehyung mumbled, "There's no need, Hobi hyung can keep me company."

Seeing how Taehyung had suddenly grown upset, Yoongi thought it would be best to talk to him without Jungkook around. "I'm going to stay with Taetae. Jiminie, pick a good color or I'll beat you up!" Yoongi grinned, and Jimin internally groaned at the idea of having to go to the store without his hyung.

"You're so tiny, your punches wouldn't do anything to me, hyungie," Jimin teased, causing the older to pout.

"Bully," Yoongi grumbled under his breath.

Grinning, Jimin hauled Jungkook to his feet, dragging him to the door, shouting a hasty "Goodbye, baby!" before leaving.

Tae raised an eyebrow. "He likes you."

"S-shut up, why do you guys keep saying stuff like that? He's straight, and I am too."

Taehyung snorted, muttering, "Whatever, hyung. You and me both know you check out his ass all the time."

"I do not!" Yoongi blushed, denying it even though he knew it was true. His eyes just had a mind of their own.

"He called you baby."

Yoongi huffed, "He doesn't like me, okay? He's into girls, and I-I am too!"

"Name one girl you've had a crush on," Taehyung challenged.

"Go away, stop being mean!" Yoongi pouted, smacking his brother's arm.

"I'm surprised Eomma let us have the house to ourselves. Where did they go, anyway?" Taehyung questioned, changing the subject.

Shrugging, Yoongi replied, "I think Eomma and Appa took the twins out to eat or something, I don't really know."

Loud, boisterous laughs and shrieking noises could be heard from the kitchen—most of them coming from Hoseok—and Yoongi sighed, wondering why he couldn't just go to his room and hide under his covers.