twenty-six

It was nearly midnight, and the three still hadn't eaten dinner. Mrs. Park had headed to bed around ten, trusting that they would find something to eat— and they did.

"Bitch, no," Yoongi groaned.

"Yes," Jimin grinned, pouring milk into his bowl before grabbing the bag of Lucky Charms.

Jimin tended to pour the milk in before the cereal, whereas Yoongi did the opposite.

Yoongi sighed shaking his head as Jimin poured the cereal in before placing it in the microwave.

Both of the boys, since childhood, had always stuck their bowl of cereal in the microwave so that the milk wouldn't be too cold.

Taehyung did not like that.

"Gosh, you both are ruining your cereal!" He himself enjoyed dry cereal— he liked the crunch.

Yoongi frowned. "My way of eating cereal is perfectly fine, thank you very much."

"Yeah, except for the fact that you put the cereal first," Jimin said, "If you put the milk in first, your cereal is crunchier."

"And if you put no milk at all, it will be even crunchier," Taehyung grumbled.

"B-but I kind of like it soft," Yoongi said with a pout.

"Eww, soggy cereal is gross!" Tae cringed as he grabbed a bag of cereal for himself. He wasn't particularly fond of Lucky Charms, and since he knew that the two were crazy about them, he decided to eat Fruit Loops instead. Cheerios were classic, but Fruit Loops were the next level.

"N-not soggy, just. . . . not really, really crunchy." Yoongi mumbled, "Besides, if you put the cereal first, the milk doesn't splash."

"It doesn't splash either way, baby."

"Just lick it off your face if it gets on you," Tae grinned, making the other two scrunch their noses in disgust. "I mean, the milk wouldn't splash at all if you were eating dry cereal."

Shoving his own bowl into the microwave, Yoongi huffed, "I eat my cereal the way I eat my cereal and there's nothing you can say or do about it!"

"Alright, alright, don't get your panties in a twist," Taehyung laughed, "We're all going to shit it out the same anyway."

"I'm done," Jimin groaned, taking his bowl of cereal to his room.

Yoongi whined, "Come back, Chim Chim!"

"No!" Jimin said from the hallway. "You people are disgusting!"

Yoongi giggled and Tae looked at the older, raising his eyebrows. "You like him, Yoongs."

"S-shut up, I do not!"

"You totally do, you're blushing!"

"Shut up, h-he might hear you!" Yoongi snapped.

"You should tell him, I bet he likes you too."

"He's not into guys, Tae."

"But you are?" Taehyung asked.

Yoongi hesitated before nodding. "I-I think. . . . I think I'm gay."

"Well, you should tell Jimin hyung."

"I don't want to," Yoongi mumbled, "N-not yet."

Taehyung sighed, taking his bowl to the sink. "I'm going to come out to Eomma and Appa soon. I don't like hiding things from them. They'll accept me, right?"

Yoongi wondered how he would come out if he still lived with his biological parents. His mother, of course, would be accepting, but his father. . . . Yoongi shuddered, not wanting to think about it anymore. He was with his real family now, with loving and caring parents. They would definitely accept him.

He smiled. "I'm sure they will, Taetae."

After a moment, Taehyung asked, "How do you know for sure that Jimin isn't into guys?"

Yoongi blinked. How did he know for sure?

"Just talk to him."

"I-I don't know." Yoongi looked down. "I don't know how."

Taehyung smiled softly, "You'll figure it out."

"I hope so, Tae."

<3

The door creaked open softly. "C-Chim Chim?" Yoongi whispered, tiptoeing over to Jimin's bed, where he lay buried in a pile of blankets. "Are you awake?" Hearing no response from the younger, he climbed in next to the younger.

"I wanna cuddle," Yoongi heard Jimin say sleepily before he felt two strong hands wrap around his waist. Yoongi yelped in surprise, blushing as he was pulled towards the sleepy boy, his head now resting on Jimin's chest.

Wait.

"W-where's your shirt?"

"It was hot, so I took it off," Jimin mumbled, "You don't mind, right?"

Yes. Yes, I do. I can feel your fricking washboard abs.

"Why the heck would you cover yourself in a mountain of blankets if it was too hot?"

"They're soft. Now, cuddle with me!" Jimin pouted.

He felt bad for taking advantage of Jimin in his weird half-asleep state, but if he got the opportunity to cuddle with a shirtless Jimin, then by all means, he would do it.

He couldn't deny it, Jimin was hot. And although they didn't like each other or anything, he couldn't help but appreciate Jimin's body. It was rather nice.

Yoongi just hoped that he wouldn't actually start liking his straight best friend. How horribly cliché would that be?

Clutching Jimin's arm—which happened to be quite muscly, Yoongi observed—he slowly drifted off to sleep, comforted by the familiar warmth and smell of his best friend.

<3

well here's a short chapter :,) thanks for reading <3