thirty-six

Yoongi practically broke down Jimin's door as he barged in, making a beeline for his best friend's room.

He peered in, the door creaking open slightly, and found Jimin buried in a mountain of fluffy blankets.

"Chim Chim!" he grinned, refraining himself from launching himself onto the younger.

Jimin smiled weakly in response. His face was pale and there were dark circles under his eyes. He looked extremely tired, but happy nonetheless. "Hey, baby, how was your day?"

"Good," Yoongi giggled, making grabby hands at Jimin.

"No touching, okay? I don't want to get you sick too."

"But why? I wanna cuddle!" Yoongi whined.

Going against Jimin's words, he climbed into Jimin's bed, hugging one of Jimin's arms and laying his head on Jimin's chest. Yoongi could feel the heat radiating off of Jimin even more than usual.

Jimin sighed, tilting his head back so it rested on his pillow. "Stubborn, aren't you?"

"Mhm," Yoongi mumbled. Jimin smelled nice, like his shampoo. "Jin finally confessed to Namjoon today."

"Oh? How did that go?"

"They kissed in the bathroom or something." Yoongi wrinkled his nose. "That's a shitty place to have their first kiss, though."

Jimin cracked a smile. "What, would you rather your first kiss to be in a more romantic setting?"

Yoongi blushed. "N-no! I just wouldn't want someone to be taking a dump in the same room as us."

Jimin blinked in surprise before raising an eyebrow, feeling his heart flutter at Yoongi's words. "Us?"

"N-no, not us us, like me and you, I m-meant like us as in me and some guy," Yoongi stuttered, cheeks red.

"Some guy?" Jimin scowled, his brows furrowed. "You'd waste your first kiss on some random guy?"

"No," Yoongi said shyly, "Someone special, someone who means a lot to me. Someone who makes me feel things."

"Like what?"

"Someone who makes my heart feel all fluttery every time I see them," Yoongi smiled. "Someone who makes me happy. Someone like—"

Someone like you.

He paused for a moment, his breath suddenly catching in his throat as he stared at his best friend. He was so beautiful. Every little thing about him, from the way he talked to the way he smiled, was beautiful. Yoongi loved every little part of Jimin, and found himself wishing that Jimin did the same. He found himself wishing that Jimin loved him too, that Jimin wanted more, like he did.

Jimin looked into Yoongi's eyes, seeing how they sparkled as he spoke.

Jimin could tell by that look in his eyes that Yoongi already knew who that someone was. Yoongi liked someone, someone that wasn't him. Jimin's heart sank, fully knowing that he'd never have a chance to be the someone Yoongi was looking for.

"A-and what about me?" Jimin whispered softly, knowing that if he spoke any louder, Yoongi could hear the waver in his voice. "Don't I make you happy?"

Yoongi's eyes widened. Not fully understanding the meaning behind Jimin's words, he replied with a small smile, "No one could ever replace you, Jiminie, I promise. You'll always be number one in my heart."