thirty-four

"So. . . . first we need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees," Yoongi mumbled, staring at the recipe on his phone. "How do we do that? I've never used your oven."

"Hyung, you have the same oven as we do!"

"W-well, I've never used it!"

Jimin sighed to himself as he preheated the oven.

"And then it says to get a pan and line it with parchment paper," Yoongi frowned. "Do we even have parchment paper?"

Jimin shrugged. "I honestly don't really know what parchment paper is."

"Great. Well, we could just use cooking spray?"

"I don't know if we have that either."

Yoongi groaned. "Butter? You have to have butter, we need it for the brownies."

Luckily, they did have butter. Yoongi buttered the pan and complained the whole time about the butter melting all over his fingers.

"Well, you shouldn't have taken off the wrapper," Jimin chuckled, seeing Yoongi scowl at the stick of butter in his hand.

"I only did because we'd need the rest of it to make the brownies!"

"Okay, now we need a small bowl for the dry ingredients," Jimin said, taking Yoongi's phone.

He heard a sudden whine and turned, seeing Yoongi look upset. The butter was all over his hands. "M-my nose is itchy!"

"Baby," Jimin smiled, loving how cute Yoongi looked when he scrunched his nose, "You should wear an apron, you'll get all messy while we're making this."

"O-okay."

Finding an apron, pastel pink— his mother's, of course— Jimin hung it around Yoongi's neck before motioning for the older to turn around.

Yoongi's breath hitched when instead of tying the apron, Jimin's arms wrapped him into a back hug. His cheeks reddened as he could feel Jimin's warm breath on his neck. "J-Jimin?"

"Yes?" the younger hummed.

"W-what are you d-doing?"

Jimin sighed, and a shiver went down Yoongi's spine as Jimin's breath tickled his ear. "I don't know."

Yoongi felt soft lips press against his neck and he squeaked, his heart doing backflips and his face flushed red.

"You smell nice," Jimin mumbled, kissing Yoongi's neck again and again. He didn't know what he was doing in the slightest.

Yoongi flinched at the loud beeping noise that suddenly came from the oven. "T-the oven's done preheating."

Letting go of the older, Jimin scowled, tying Yoongi's apron. "Crap, already?"

Yoongi nodded quickly, turning to hide the blush on his face as he washed the butter off of his hands once Jimin had tied the apron.

"Flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. We need to sift them, though."

Jimin frowned. "Do we have to?"

"I-I don't know, maybe it's not important?" Yoongi shrugged. "Let's just skip that."

Setting the bag of flour on the counter, Jimin handed Yoongi the measuring cup before going through the bags of snacks they'd bought an hour ago to look for the cocoa powder.

"Fuck," Yoongi swore. He had spilled flour all over the counter, all over the floor, and without a doubt, there was flour on his face and probably in his hair too. At this point, there was more flour outside of the bowl than in it.