forty-nine

i'm really not up to writing this right now because i'm really tired, but i ended up doing it for you guys because you all are really sweet <3

(update: lmaoo so i wrote that message last night after writing about 400 words and decided i'd finish the chapter, but then i accidentally fell asleep hhhhh)

this week was terrible because of school, i got around 3-4 hours of sleep every night, 5 tops, and i couldn't write very well after 11 like i usually do, which is why I didn't update as often. but now i'm well rested and ready to write! tbh i won't be surprised if this happens again, i don't normally get much sleep in school days to begin with, and now that i'm 10x busier, i forget that i have to sleep and work until 2 in the morning and wake up at 5 for school

oh well?

anywayy, thank you so much for reading and for being patient with me, this book, and of course, my sporadic updates :))

<3

Rather than sitting inside the parlor like they usually did, Yoongi and Jimin took their ice cream outside, walking along the sidewalk, hand in hand. It was cold out, so people looked at them strangely because they were eating ice cream in such weather.

Or maybe they were staring because the two were holding hands. Nonetheless, Yoongi clutched Jimin's hand tightly in his with a gummy smile on his face, his fingers barely peeking out of the sleeves the jacket he borrowed from Jimin.

"I want to take you on a date soon," Jimin thought aloud, "Someplace romantic, someplace special."

Yoongi snorted. "Fuck that, let's go to McDonald's."

"I'm being serious!" Jimin laughed. "We could dress nice and go out to eat, or we could just watch a movie together. Or maybe we could have a picnic?"

Yoongi gasped. "Oh, we should! We could eat at the park under the tree, by the bench."

And only a day later, they were in Yoongi's kitchen, packing food in their little basket an hour before noon.

"I'm excited!" Jimin said, his hand on Yoongi's waist as he checked the basket to make sure he didn't forget anything.

Yoongi giggled, "Me too," before opening a cabinet above his head, reaching up to pull out the jam. "I'm going to make another sandwich, I might want one too."

As Yoongi reached up, Jimin then took the chance to settle his hands on Yoongi's waist, and Yoongi jumped in surprise, the jam jar dropping to the floor and shattering into a mess of strawberry jam and glass shards.

"Oh no," Jimin mumbled, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"It was my fault, not yours, Jiminie," Yoongi said, bending down to pick the pieces of glass off of the floor.

"Wait," Jimin said, pulling him aside and crouching down himself. "I'll clean this up, baby, you go get the picnic blanket. I don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself."

Yoongi's cheeks warmed, happy that Jimin cared so much about him. "Okay, you be careful too."

The picnic blanket was checkered, as most stereotypical picnic blankets were. Yoongi peeked outside as he folded the blanket back up. The sky was fairly dark, despite it being almost noon.

Their picnic would be rained on.

Yoongi sighed, walking back to the kitchen, where Jimin was wiping the sticky mess, the small pieces of glass thankfully gone.

"It's going to rain, Jiminie, we can't have our picnic."

"Really?" Jimin gasped, a frown on his face. "I was really looking forward to this!"