eighty-one

Of all of his classes, Yoongi hated English the most— it was even worse than Art.

Luckily, his favorite person was there to keep him company.

"Hyungie, I'm tired," Jimin complained under his breath, letting his fingers tangle with Yoongi's under their desks. "Pinch me if I fall asleep?"

"Mhm," Yoongi hummed. "You'll have to let go of my hand then."

"Don't want to," Jimin huffed. Yoongi's hand was warm and soft and comforting. He took the older's hand in his, rubbing small circles into the flesh of his palm. "Kick me instead."

"Gladly."

The teacher's voice droned on, speaking random gibberish that he could barely understand. English really was just a jumble of strange noises and weird words and countless grammar rules that Yoongi could never seem to remember.

"Now I'm tired," he sighed. "Can we hang out with Soojin auntie after school? I'm craving ice cream."

"Of course, baby," Jimin chuckled. "I bet Soojinnie auntie would like a visit."

"Min Yoongi and Park Jimin!"

The teacher was glaring at them, her lips set in a thin line. She looked very angry. "Please stop disrupting our class! If you have anything to say to each other, I suggest you say it outside of class."

There was a tense moment of silence. Yoongi shrunk in his seat at the realization that the entire class was looking at them.

Class proceeded as usual afterwards, Yoongi turning to the younger after a few minutes to whisper, "Do you know what she said?"

Jimin had to hide a grin. "No, I'm worse at English than you are. You should know that by now."

Shrugging, Yoongi replied, "Yeah, but I kind of just zoned out when she was yelling at us. She was mad though, obviously, she did that mouth thing."

"Where her lips made a weird line thing?"

Yoongi nodded, looking up at the teacher, who was on the other side of the room now, still babbling about poetry and colors or something.

There were 45 more minutes of class left.

Jimin flicked a small piece of paper towards his free hand, a hint of a smile on his face.

you look cute today, yoon.

Yoongi scowled at the younger, cheeks tinted pink as he found a small empty space on the note to write something himself.

i want a kiss when this damn class is over. please and thanks.

Jimin chuckled, turning the note over to write something on the back.

the best baby boy

Yoongi looked up at Jimin, eyes wide, cheeks burning.

really? you mean it?

of course, baby. you're perfect.

shut up, idiot, you're making me blush!

that's what i was trying to do. you look pretty when you're all blushy, yoongi.

well you look pretty all the time. well— you look hot.

do i? how so?